Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A surprise came in the mail! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/surprise-came-mail-t129736.html)

SandiSue 06-12-2011 06:22 AM

No it won't untexture because you sew it on. What ever design you want.

meanmom 06-12-2011 06:45 AM

I have had some for quilt some time. I saw it and thought it was really neat. I haven't decided where to use it yet. LQS says they tried it and washed it repeatedly and it stayed in. I will have to make a purse with it since I need a new purse. Thanks for reminding me I have it in my stash

d.rickman 06-12-2011 07:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I took a class using texture magic - easy to use, draw a grid line horizontally and vertically at 1" intervals, make a sandwich with your top material, batt and texture magic, sew straight lines on your grid again horizontally and vertically with your top material on the bottom, so you are actually sewing on the texture magic. When you have sewn all of the grid - take to your ironing board - Then hold your steam iron just above the top material, and the hot steam it will puff up, being careful - if you iron it - you will lose the puff.

On the bottom left and right see the grid and the flower in the middle is stippled - not easy to see in pic, better in person. Made this bag for my sister.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210350[/ATTACH]

Owllady 06-12-2011 08:40 AM

I watched a Sue Hauseman show this last week on PBS and she had a guest showing how to do this and they made a cushion from it with a lot of embellishments. Was quite nice. I wonder if you could find the episode on her website to watch.

carol43 06-12-2011 08:45 AM

Looks like fun!

natalieg 06-12-2011 08:52 AM

That's nice! I like it, but think like others, that it would be great for a purse flap or something like that.

dotcomdtcm 06-12-2011 08:52 AM

I think Maride has used it in her art quilts. I know she is busy, but I'll ask her to share.

polly13 06-12-2011 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
A friend made a purse with it; the purse was really cute. One of the LQS demo'd it at a guild meeting recently, used it only on the flap of a purse. The flap was actually kind of shaped like a leaf and the stitiching used w/ the Texture Magic sort of along the lines of the veins on a leaf. Sorry, no picture... Made it very artsy.

I must have this same pattern which I haven't been able to make as I didn't have the Texture Magic, but found some at the Genesee Valley quilt show at RIT. Haven't attempted it yet so will anxiously watch this post for others' experiences.

smiley 06-12-2011 10:18 AM

We had a class and made zipped bags. Started out 18x12. Quilted on diagonal about 1 inch apart in a grid. Turned out really cute. The more quilting the more it texturizes.

My time 06-12-2011 10:18 AM

Okay ladies I know I'm some stunned, but I don't get what you would use this for?