Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Taking a day off work o quilt...HAVE YOU? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/taking-day-off-work-o-quilt-have-you-t123403.html)

BellaBoo 05-16-2011 06:18 AM

Yes! I would use most of my personal days to quilt or go to workshops/classes.

Companies still have sick days? Most all companies have gone to personal days to use as you want. It frees the employee from stress about using a sick day when not sick. It is ridiculous to have the employee need a day off and have to fib about being sick to get it.

QuiltE 05-16-2011 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by cherylynne
Sounds like a good plan. Dreary days are wonderful quilting days. With the flue you might need more than one day to recover, though.

Dreary days are great for quilting days.
And stormy days, nothing better.
Too hot to go outside days, I seek refuge in my sewing room (no a/c though a very cool basement)
Snowy wintry days, are made better quilting.
Then there are the foggy days
And ..........

Come to think of it, every day can be made better sitting and sewing! :)

gramarraine 05-16-2011 06:53 AM

I never took off a day when I wasn't really sick unless it was a personal day. I was always afraid the company would send someone to check on me. I had a friend that took a well day off every month to just do what she wanted.

sueisallaboutquilts 05-16-2011 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE

Originally Posted by cherylynne
Sounds like a good plan. Dreary days are wonderful quilting days. With the flue you might need more than one day to recover, though.

Dreary days are great for quilting days.
And stormy days, nothing better.
Too hot to go outside days, I seek refuge in my sewing room (no a/c though a very cool basement)
Snowy wintry days, are made better quilting.
Then there are the foggy days
And ..........

Come to think of it, every day can be made better sitting and sewing! :)

You said it! LOL :thumbup: :thumbup:

lsb142 05-16-2011 07:38 AM

As a supervisor in a law office, I guess I have a different take on this. We have a small staff and it makes it harder on coworkers when someone calls off. Scheduling a day off is different since we can plan in advance for it. Like I said, just a different opinion.

Linda

MellieKQuilter 05-16-2011 07:39 AM

YES YES YES!! :)

Conniequilts 05-16-2011 07:46 AM

I WILL be doing that this summer. Hubby's golf season officially started. I see several Thursday's in my future where I just won't feel well enough to go in :)

Melrose R 05-16-2011 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by lsb142
As a supervisor in a law office, I guess I have a different take on this. We have a small staff and it makes it harder on coworkers when someone calls off. Scheduling a day off is different since we can plan in advance for it. Like I said, just a different opinion.

Linda

Oh, what a boring world we would live in if we all had the exact same opinion!

:mrgreen:

CorgiNole 05-16-2011 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by lsb142

Linda

I haven't called in sick to play, but I have definitely scheduled mental health days in advance to do something fun.

Cheers, K

SueSew 05-16-2011 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6

Originally Posted by CAJAMK
Did you ever wake up knowing you SHOULD go to work but you felt like you needed a mental health day off? Well, I am doing it today! I called in saying I had the flu (yes, a lie!). I am having coffee, looking on the quilt board then I am going to stitch until my eyes are crossed!

My DDIL calls them Mental Health days. I don't work outside the home any more and still have Mental Health days :roll: Good for You :!: :thumbup:

Mental Health days are essential, and you have to use them to DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Have fun!