Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Taking the plunge!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/taking-plunge-t189066.html)

Tweety2911 05-15-2012 01:41 PM

You will love your machine!!! I have the 17" on a Grace GMQ frame and enjoying it so much. Remember as with everything there is a learning curve and the Bailey's Group is very helpful and supportive as they are here on QB.
Congratulations!!!
PS: Baileys customer service cannot be beat!

Chasing Hawk 05-15-2012 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by sylviak (Post 5219151)
The great tax return is how I got my long arm! So congratulations! I bought a Voyager 17 with a Hinterberg stretch frame. It's been a really good machine and frame. Are you using 10 ft poles?

Mine came with the 8 foot poles. I bought from a really charming Lady in Bend, Oregon. I used it last week with my regular Brother sewing machine. I love it, although I found I may have to lower it a inch or two. Being 5'4" and my arms not being long enough. I had to use a foot stool to reach the on/off button....lol

leatheflea 05-15-2012 03:30 PM

Congrats on your purchase, you sound so happy, I love to hear the excitement. When I bought mine(Bailey15, stretch frame) I felt like a little kid waiting for christmas. Then it arrived and I soon was feeling buyers remorse and frustration,BUT DONT you do that. As everyone else has stated theres a learning curve. Do join the yahoo group they are very helpful. Sure we would all love the big fancy machines with all the bells and whistles and a second home for our studio, with an ocean view and Mel Gibson fixing our lunch everyday.....ooops gotta little carried away...LOL ! Someday we'll have, hopefully, some of that list but for now a Bailey is an OK place to start. Enjoy your new toy and play!

Cindy2201 05-16-2012 05:45 AM

I have a Bailey 13 on a Grace frame. I got it about 7 years ago and I still LOVE it! There is a learning curve that takes some time but the Yahoo group sure helps when you have any problems. I have had no need to contact Chuck since I got mine but he was really nice when I went to see the machines before I bought it. I'm just sorry I didn't get a bigger one (either the 15 or 17 inch) but I don't think the 17 inch was out then! I hope you enjoy it!

Chasing Hawk 05-16-2012 08:34 AM

Thanks for all the replies.

My husband is just as excited about this machine as I am. I guess I could put a swear jar next to the machine.
So when it's filled up I can go buy more fabric......:)

Jingle 05-17-2012 05:13 AM

Good for you. If I had enough room I would want a George or any kind of sit down long arm just for quilting. I have two machines that I piece on and quilt on now.

jaciqltznok 05-17-2012 05:38 AM

congrats, I am glad the $3K I had to PAY is going to good use!

Latrinka 05-17-2012 05:39 AM

Congratulations and enjoy!

wolph33 05-17-2012 05:44 AM

I am happy for you-have fun learning

Annaquilts 05-17-2012 05:48 AM

Congratulatons! I am also seriously shopping but plan to take some classes, HQ Fusion with prostitch, come June to learn more before buying.