Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Taking the time to Thank this Board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/taking-time-thank-board-t108088.html)

Emma S 03-17-2011 06:37 AM

Love your quilts. Thank you for the graceful way you said what's in my heart. I stumbled onto this site, can't even remember how it happened but I'm here almost every day. Always great information, a laugh and sometimes a tear.

mhansen6 03-17-2011 06:44 AM

First, your quilts are lovely. You do a wonderful job.

Second, I too have learned so much off this board. When I posted my first, and only so far, picture of a quilt I had finished the response was overwhelming. It actually brought tears to my eyes. It gave me confidence to try something new. I read this board every morning. I try to limit my time since I work full time to about an hour a day. But sometimes it ends up more than that.

Thank you to all the people who keep this board running.

scrappy happy 03-17-2011 06:49 AM

you have done a great job on our quilts

grandma nurse 03-17-2011 08:39 AM

Beatiful quilts. I am sorry for your loss. I am going through this with my mother at the present. I take my blocks to show her when I see her at the Long Term Care. She is the one that taught me to sew. So many wonderful memories that can never be taken away.

moreland 03-17-2011 09:41 AM

Happy Tails -- I appreciated what you said about bindings. I did the same thing with that tutorial and like you, I follow it and my bindings are a cinch--right the first time!!
Glad you enjoy the board. Your quilts are lovely. I like the scrappy "wonky" one.

Iamquilter 03-17-2011 10:08 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss. I know what you are going through. I lost my first husband after only 1 1/2 yrs.

grannie cheechee 03-17-2011 12:15 PM

Sorry for your lose, but keep up your good work. We will keep you on the site!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tinliz 03-17-2011 12:31 PM

I am rather new to the board, but I learned a lot from the other quilters. I am so sorry for all your losses. I have found quilting and friendships with other quilters to be a excellent source of support. I was ill for about 2 years and missed a lot of my guild meetings. The gals were supportive through it all and now express happiness with me that I am able to get to the meetings and share in the joy of quilting. I do not think I have ever met a quilter that doesn't have a warm heart. Blessings for your day

MissBarbQuilts 03-17-2011 01:00 PM

Wendy, your quilts are truly beautiful. I think you are a little hard on yourself. Our parents give us a feeling of security, and when they are gone we must find our security elsewhere. So glad you are a member of this board. I love it, too.

scrappylady 03-17-2011 01:58 PM

Your quilts are lovely. I need to find this Tute because i can't bind a quilt without wanting to scream!!!!
Your parents are enjoying "watching" you do your quilts.
This Board is such a support group, and to think we are from all over the world, helping one another!!!