Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tell me about your quilt in your avatar (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tell-me-about-your-quilt-your-avatar-t106599.html)

MYWR 03-11-2011 10:54 AM

This is such an interesting thread - thanks for starting it !

WMUTeach 03-11-2011 10:56 AM

How nice of you to ask this question. I am enjoying the many responses. My avatar is a called "Rock'in Baby". It is a disappearing nine patch created for a little nephew that with a rock-n-roll nursery. Modern baby, modern christian rock musician parents who wanted a black, white and red theme. Their wish was my ... opportunity to try something new! Rock on Baby!

Wunder-Mar 03-11-2011 12:38 PM

My avatar is the MardiStar block from Quilter's Cache. Their directions are lousy but as you can see I muddled through.

If anyone's going to try this themselves, I'd recommend (1) printing a full block template and "color it in" with fabric swaps to see how all the colors work together - this certainly kept my head and piecing straight!; and,
(2) stitching the center star seams first with thread color to match the star color to where the color meets the background; then, after backstitching, change thread color to match the background fabric. This way, when you open up the block to press, all thread "disappears" from the center because it matches.

Jagsd3 03-11-2011 01:16 PM

My Avatar is called ULS2 and is a pattern by Karen Stone. I fell in love with this pattern when a very good friend of mine had started one in Aqua's and Rust browns. I had never paperpieced before and she insisted I could do it. I went home and showed a picture to my hubby and he loved it too. He said make sure you do yours with blues, the rest is history. Definetly loved paperpiecing and am so hooked.

conniebrooks 03-11-2011 01:32 PM

very pretty I love it.

Nancy Ingham 03-11-2011 01:32 PM

Unfortunately, you can only view a "tease" of my 30 year old sampler king-size quilt that I made for my DH some 30 years ago, as Bella decided that it was far more confortable than the leather couch. It was all hand peiced and hand quilted.

whinnytoo 03-11-2011 01:36 PM

Judy, I love your quilt!! have only seen one other besides mine. I really like the light background

Originally Posted by Jagsd3
My Avatar is called ULS2 and is a pattern by Karen Stone. I fell in love with this pattern when a very good friend of mine had started one in Aqua's and Rust browns. I had never paperpieced before and she insisted I could do it. I went home and showed a picture to my hubby and he loved it too. He said make sure you do yours with blues, the rest is history. Definetly loved paperpiecing and am so hooked.

karen3002 03-11-2011 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine is one of my kitty boys Harry. He does have a habit of looking soooo cheerful :P

EagarBeez 03-11-2011 02:54 PM

Mine is a quillo all done by hand, no machine. My first quilt made for my granddaughter. I saw a quillo/puff quilt at a John Wayne Museum. I loved how it looked, came home, looked for instrutions on the internet.
Had DH figure out how much how much fabric I would need for a queen sized quillo and that was my inspiration, and since then, I have been hooked
I even embroidered my granddaughters name in the lower right corner with no pattern, all free hand

callie 03-11-2011 03:01 PM

My current avatar started with the panel that was given to me - which is a God Grant Me The Serenity prayer. Because the prayer is surrounded with color and appears as you are looking out a window (actually framed as such) I decided to use multiple colored "bricks" with white to represent the mortor. The colors start at a mid-night navy and grade down in color. Almost all the colors used are also in the panel and the bricks surrounding the Panel are definitely used, once I graded down in color going lighter and light, then I reversed going from light green to a hunter green on the bottom portion. The picture doesn't do it any kind of justice and everyone that saw the quilt fell in love with it. This quilt was made for my brother because of the creed and it was a surprise gift for him and his wife. I will say that I am often in awe of many of the avatars on this board - they are so amazing!