Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tell me I'm not alone (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tell-me-im-not-alone-t56618.html)

Carol in Colorado 07-28-2010 07:57 AM

Oh dear, I thought I was alone. I walked down the hall at church the other day and saw a picture frame with different size prints in it. I've walked by it a hundred times, but this time I stopped and said to someone walking by, "that would make a great quilt pattern!" They looked at me funny and kept walking :)

Midwestmary 07-28-2010 08:01 AM

I still have my Dad's flannel shirts sitting in a storage bin...one of these days I want to do a quilt in remembrance of him :) Seems like once you've started working with fabric you find yourself noticing it everywhere on anybody!

Katia 07-28-2010 08:21 AM

My husband has a lot of tropical print shirts. I mean a lot, like 75 last time I ironed. And that does not include the ones that he set aside because they needed a buttonhole fixed or were getting too small.

I keep threatening to cut them up and make a quilt. He just laughs and asks me to please wait till he is dead. I told him I would make quilts for the kids. He actually thinks that is a great idea.

gollytwo 07-28-2010 08:28 AM

I've asked for shirts, ties etc when a guy is through with them; most give immediately. I think they feel flattered,

ann clare 07-28-2010 03:00 PM

You are not alone. I find myself designing quilts from peoples clothing all the time.

2wheelwoman 07-28-2010 03:18 PM

I've been collecting black and whites for a while, and my DH teases me when we're out and see someone wearing something black and white. He'll laugh and say "do you have that one yet?"

Grandmama Pat 07-29-2010 11:03 AM

Have you ever seen the cotton that companies who make nurses scrubs use? Some of it is awesome and I've never seen any of it in stores. Why is that?

quilt addict 07-29-2010 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Grandmama Pat
Have you ever seen the cotton that companies who make nurses scrubs use? Some of it is awesome and I've never seen any of it in stores. Why is that?

You are not alone. I do it all the time.

The Srubs factory here often donates scraps to our quild for cuddle quilts. Sometimes they have sales too of just fabric. But that does not happen as much as it used to.

Grandmama Pat 07-29-2010 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict

Originally Posted by Grandmama Pat

You are not alone. I do it all the time.

The Srubs factory here often donates scraps to our quild for cuddle quilts. Sometimes they have sales too of just fabric. But that does not happen as much as it used to.

That would be awesome!

Psychomomquilter 07-29-2010 11:33 AM

and I said it to some one last night at church! on my! Good to know we aren't alone!