Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tell me I'm not alone (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tell-me-im-not-alone-t56618.html)

sandpat 07-30-2010 06:15 AM

Well...if you are odd...you aren't alone! :roll: :lol:

Ms. Shawn 07-30-2010 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Carol in Colorado
Oh dear, I thought I was alone. I walked down the hall at church the other day and saw a picture frame with different size prints in it. I've walked by it a hundred times, but this time I stopped and said to someone walking by, "that would make a great quilt pattern!" They looked at me funny and kept walking :)

I haven't even finished my first quilt and sorry to say don't own :-( :cry: But I now do the same things as you ladies!! :-o :-P :lol:

betlinsmom 07-30-2010 07:12 AM

Oh yes!, Thread is thicker than water !! We are most definitely related!!! i had a very violent stomach virus a couple of years ago and my hubby had to call our Dr in the middle of the nite for medication ( I tend to dehydrate quickly). My Dr called me back afternoon the next day just to check on me (he is a sweetheart) and after talking with hubby he asked if there was anything else he could do for me or if I had any questions. I told my hubby to ask Dr if he had any more of those plaid shirts he wears to his office. He laughed and said I was on the mend. He knows I am a quilter and we have had many discussions on my inheriting his shirts. I suggested that his wife buy bigger shirts so i would inherit more yardage.

catmcclure 07-30-2010 07:29 AM

Every Sunday I go to Goodwill (one color tag is always $1 per item) and shop in their men's shirt section. The tags always say if they're 100% cotton and there's always at least a yard and sometimes more (thank goodness for huge men) in every shirt.

nwm50 07-30-2010 07:36 AM

I have actually had my hubby say "oh no, hope she don't ask them where they got that rooster, cat clothing from!" and try to steer me away from them.... :oops:

tryitall 07-30-2010 07:38 AM

I hope not! I have been having trouble deciding how I was going to set my DGD quilt. I had to go to the restroom, ( I was at Wal Mart) As soon as I walked in the floor nearly jumped at me. That's the way it's gonna be done! (I won't tell her of course!)

janluna 07-30-2010 07:50 AM

When I learned to take pics on my 35 mil camera, I did the same thing everything I saw became a possible photo. Now I'm doing the same thing with materials everywhere! Drapes, clothes,knitting patterns for designs....
It's just so cool to see things in a different light. LOL

damaquilts 07-30-2010 07:51 AM

A friend just sent me an email entitled Brussels in Bloom
Google it. Talk about getting quilt ideas from things we see.
This is just gorgeous.

walen 07-30-2010 07:59 AM

Quilting changes the way we look at the world.

I fell in love with a piece of fabric on a pillow one time. I wanted to buy it and asked the clerk the price; it wasn't tagged. Sigh, it was $4,950 and came with a sofa! LOL...

MeMeX8 07-30-2010 08:04 AM

You most certainly are not alone. I see quilting in almost everything. I just finished a Dresden Plate with the inside of envelopes (you know, the pretty designs inside the envelopes). Used it as a cover for a booklet I had to make for work. The other lady here in the office didnt even notice the paper designs until I told her where I got them. She did however, know that it was a Dresden Plate. When you look for art, you can see it almost everywhere.