Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   tell me to stay home... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tell-me-stay-home-t77608.html)

Dawneda 11-22-2010 02:03 PM

For this, I would take the van & load up . Have fun.

msariano 11-22-2010 03:41 PM

50% off regular is a GREAT deal. Go and be happy.

GrannieAnnie 11-22-2010 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
just got a flyer that one of the local quilting shops is going out of business end of the year - so they are having a 50% off sale on Black Friday! Was just in there and there were so many (actually nearly all) fabrics I wanted. Lots is Moda and other bigger name brands (sell for $8/yard) so wouldn't $4.00 a yard be a good deal? Some of that makes it cheaper than Wally World! See, now I have nearly talked myself into going Friday! Rats!

I hate Black Friday, but I might change my mind for a good fabric sale!

Enjoy!

GrannieAnnie 11-22-2010 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by jojosnana
The only reason any of us fabricholics would tell you to stay home is if we were close enough to get there first!

tee hee! that's the truth!

smitty 11-22-2010 07:29 PM

[quote=Fancy Nancy]just got a flyer that one of the local quilting shops is going out of business end of the year - so they are having a 50% off sale on Black Friday! Was just in there and there were so many (actually nearly all) fabrics I wanted. Lots is Moda and other bigger name brands (sell for $8/yard) so wouldn't $4.00 a yard be a good deal? Some of that makes it cheaper than Wally World! See, now I have nearly talked myself into going Friday! Rats![
well, I just watched a program today on how expensive cotton is getting to be & retailers can not hold back any more on increasing prices. I would buy whatever I could afford at that price---especially if you have already checked them out & they won't exactly be "impulse" buys.
great time to buy backs. have fun !

patimint 11-24-2010 09:08 PM

[quote=smitty]

Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
just got a flyer that one of the local quilting shops is going out of business end of the year - so they are having a 50% off sale on Black Friday! Was just in there and there were so many (actually nearly all) fabrics I wanted. Lots is Moda and other bigger name brands (sell for $8/yard) so wouldn't $4.00 a yard be a good deal? Some of that makes it cheaper than Wally World! See, now I have nearly talked myself into going Friday! Rats![
well, I just watched a program today on how expensive cotton is getting to be & retailers can not hold back any more on increasing prices. I would buy whatever I could afford at that price---especially if you have already checked them out & they won't exactly be "impulse" buys.
great time to buy backs. have fun !

Is the quilt shop in MT, if so where??? I would love to go.

mayday 11-26-2010 10:40 AM

go, get what you want,always remember that there are no pockets in shrouds!