Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Testing Poll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/testing-poll-t294782.html)

Sync 02-14-2018 03:51 PM

I'm with Macybaby & cashs_mom, No problem voting on a poll but no desire to create one.

Kitsie 02-14-2018 04:08 PM

I'd rather have a "like - dislike" or "yes - no" with a comment optional. I believe you would get many more responses as some do not (now) like to write a reply but would be OK to click a yes/no type.

Cactus Stitchin 02-14-2018 04:11 PM

Polls would make a lot of sense for members looking for feedback on border options, block layouts, or other design options they are considering. I would prefer not to have polls on some of the “general interest” or personal questions and I would probably would not respond to those questions. Not sure how the polls would be handled - if members would be setting up the polls or if it would be an added task for administrators.

IceLeopard 02-14-2018 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by eparys (Post 8003367)
My first thought was to click "Least" - butafter some thought I could see a use for a poll if someone had two fabrics that they are auditioning for a border, or if they had several layouts for a quilt. Oftentimes you have to sift through 5 pages of comments to read if members who have an opinion like option a or b.

So I think it would be a useful tool!

This. Also I used a poll on another board to sound out a friend's favorite colors before I made her a comfort quilt. It was answered by most people on the board, but it was Catbird's answers that I was looking for.

Cheesehead 02-14-2018 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by eparys (Post 8003367)
My first thought was to click "Least" - butafter some thought I could see a use for a poll if someone had two fabrics that they are auditioning for a border, or if they had several layouts for a quilt. Oftentimes you have to sift through 5 pages of comments to read if members who have an opinion like option a or b.

So I think it would be a useful tool!

My thoughts exactly.

Teen 02-14-2018 05:13 PM

For the board, I would vote (not create, so much).... Other polls I ignore since people can cast multiples votes and the results would have no integrity. But on the board? Sure..However, I like reading the comments since the reasoning behind suggestions are often explained.

Jingle 02-14-2018 06:13 PM

I would not like a poll, doubt I would use it much.

sewingsuz 02-14-2018 06:23 PM

Yes i would use this if I was interested in the subject.

wesing 02-14-2018 06:42 PM

I think people might answer a poll question when they wouldn't post a comment.

quiltingshorttimer 02-14-2018 06:44 PM

when a poster wants feedback on which border, etc a poll makes a lot of sense. Otherwise I can't really think of a way to use it. I don't often ask for that type of feedback, so that's why I checked maybe.