Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   . . . and then my heart sank. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/then-my-heart-sank-t121991.html)

Rann 05-10-2011 11:04 AM

Just because it is not weird, flashy colors does not mean it is not beautiful because it really is. It looks llike a quilt made for comfort, not one making you want to jump and shout.

justflyingin 05-10-2011 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
That is a very pretty quilt. I like it. And who cares if the neighbors don't like it. Its hers and if she wants to hang it out on the clothes line she can...but I wouldn't leave it unattended while it was out there. Things have a habit of growing legs and walking off. :)

Not saying that Germans are like Poles, but I've made simple patchwork (that is PLAIN squares that are various colored, but usually color coordinated) and given them away. Several people have reported that theirs were stolen off clothes lines. Guess someone else liked them as well!

But I'm hoping that the Germans are more honest...they do have the reputation of being more so. :)

xstitchcchris 05-10-2011 11:15 AM

ARe you going to tell us the rest of your story...I am in suspense because I can't see anything wrong.

Ziva 05-10-2011 11:42 AM

Looks good to me.

Bev 05-10-2011 11:43 AM

Ohmygosh!! Do we have to worry now about how photogenic our quilts are??
Yours is a very lovely quilt. As far as I can tell, without using a magnifying glass, it's perfect! If anyone is worrying about how it'll look in a picture, just don't let them take a picture of it. The recipient of the gift will love it. And don't ever tell her that you think it looks awful in a photo. That will be our little secret. :lol:

tlcquiltnut 05-10-2011 11:45 AM

I like it very much...sometimes we are our own worst critic, enjoy this beautiful quilt...

karate lady 05-10-2011 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by olebat
It is a quilt for a special person in my life. Her colors, her nautical theme, a good size for a cool balcony reading wrap around, picnic, or kinder pad, (should she ever have grand children). It will grace her beach condo with aplomb. I loved the fabrics, such a nice hand. The pattern was fun. The quilting, well I may have gotten carried away and applied a little too much, I like loft, but this is still acceptable for what I wanted. It washed well, nothing came loose. It has cuttlebility. (Put that in your Funk 'n Wagner)

Then I hung it for a photo. It looks great up close, but it isn't photogenic. The neighbors won't be impressed from their flats as she hangs it out to air on her balcony. I looked at the 10 shots . . . and now you know the rest of the story.

I really do not see a thing wrong with it. a beautiful quilt...

karate lady 05-10-2011 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by olebat
It is a quilt for a special person in my life. Her colors, her nautical theme, a good size for a cool balcony reading wrap around, picnic, or kinder pad, (should she ever have grand children). It will grace her beach condo with aplomb. I loved the fabrics, such a nice hand. The pattern was fun. The quilting, well I may have gotten carried away and applied a little too much, I like loft, but this is still acceptable for what I wanted. It washed well, nothing came loose. It has cuttlebility. (Put that in your Funk 'n Wagner)

Then I hung it for a photo. It looks great up close, but it isn't photogenic. The neighbors won't be impressed from their flats as she hangs it out to air on her balcony. I looked at the 10 shots . . . and now you know the rest of the story.

and if they do not likie it .. I'll give you MY address and you can send it to me. I really love the softness of the colors.

Jates 05-10-2011 12:10 PM

I kindly beg to differ. It is beautiful!

Mariposa 05-10-2011 12:12 PM

Your quilt is a real beauty!! Lovely fabrics, a great pattern, and terrific quilting! Give yourself a pat on the back! :)