Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is there any color... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/there-any-color-t55675.html)

candi 07-25-2010 03:24 PM

I don't there is a color that I don't like. But I am a big color person. Fall colors including oranges and yellows are among my favorites, they give me a warm, fuzzy feeling. I also love reds, purples, greens and pinks. Like I said, I don't think there is a color that I don't like, lol. I do, however, shy away from fabric solids and prefer tone-on-tones.

galvestonangel 07-25-2010 04:54 PM

I love bright colors, I really don't like the dark autumn colors. I didn't like yellow for a long time, don't even know why. But I just fell in love with Moda's Natures Notebook, which is blue and yellow. I guess time changes everything and every one.

Debra Mc 07-25-2010 06:24 PM

I really dislike Desert Storm Camo. I think it looks funny.

grammyv 07-25-2010 06:28 PM

once used aqua to put a grandmothr's flower garden together-as in the path around the blocks.it's turned out very pretty-tho it was more of a robin's egg color.
as to peach-havent seen a shade i like.yellow is ok in small amounts when you can find a decent one.not bird bird yellow-more like butter.i once used that shade along with brown and green for a man's version of a trip round the world.it also had a blue in it i hated.that blue was just a tad thinner than the rest of the fabrics and it wanted to unravel.not a pretty sight.

earthwalker 07-25-2010 08:51 PM

Can't say I actively dislike any colour, though I am not fond of fabric with a rose print. I have quite a lot in my stash, but plan on making a quilt for my mother as she loooves rose prints. Funny thing is I have a number of roses in my garden and they are one of my favourite flowers.

tweetee 07-25-2010 10:20 PM

I cannot stand white, I have only ever worked with it once, on a quilt I made for my nephew, and I hated every minute of it, but that was his colour choice.

I have rarely worked an anything that as flowers either, not that I dislike flowers, but they are just not my thing. I prefer bright abstract prints and colours.

Lately, I have been collecting browns, after doing the Fall Table runner swap, they have captured my attention, and I plan to make a table set using browns. Another project to add to the already very long list!

leaha 07-26-2010 06:22 AM

I have a really hard time even going into one store, (chain)because of their color, long ago I was shoping in one of them and it hit me and had to leave, right then left cart and ran to the door, have not been back in over 25 years. Poor hubby he was left holding the bag so to speak, LOL JUst can not handle that red/orange.

2livesdown7togo 07-26-2010 02:23 PM

I'm with quiltilicious, the quilt tells me what colors. I must say I've noticed a severe shortage of florals in my stash. 'Scuse me now, think I feel a shopping trip coming on.

dljennings 07-26-2010 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by saf45
probally orange, just cant seem to use it ,something about it

i can't get excited about orange at all.... naturally, when i sent for the downy quilt..it was all orange!

dljennings 07-26-2010 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Annz
Yellow like the smiley faces.

i work for estes express lines... our tractors are bright smiley face yellow, with black & red....

i have now have issues with yellow in my quilts... after looking at it all day long!!