Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is there any color... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/there-any-color-t55675.html)

littlehud 07-22-2010 09:14 PM

I guess I just like them all.

walen 07-22-2010 09:18 PM

For me it's orange and bright blue together. I work at a school where the colors are blue and orange. I just can't make myself put those two together to make a quilt. Friends have asked me to make one. I try, but I just can't do it! LOL!!!

Sadiemae 07-22-2010 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by walen
For me it's orange and bright blue together. I work at a school where the colors are blue and orange. I just can't make myself put those two together to make a quilt. Friends have asked me to make one. I try, but I just can't do it! LOL!!!

That just doesn't sound like a good combination.

quiltilicious 07-23-2010 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae

Originally Posted by walen

That just doesn't sound like a good combination.

Those were the "official" colors of the 1964 Word's Fair.... (and boy did they hurt the eyes!)

Favorite Fabrics 07-23-2010 05:11 AM

I'm not crazy about orange either. Though I am intrigued when it's combined with white and lavender and pink. Probably because it reminds me of sherbet and food is always good :)

But I think I really hate the chartreusy-goldy-olive color especially paired with fuchsia.

kristen0112 07-23-2010 06:43 AM

I have to say orange is a great contrast complimentary color. It looks beautiful with blues. But you have to like that look which to me is visually stimulating when I see contrast complimentary colors together they pop.

quiltsRfun 07-23-2010 06:50 AM

Just thought of another one. I never thought I'd make a purple quilt. I like the color and have used it combined with other colors but never figured on doing a whole quilt in purple. Then I ended up with a bunch of charms that included lots of purple, lavendar, violet. I had a lightbulb moment and decided to put them together with white muslin. Now I'm anxious to get to this quilt on my To Do list. It might have something to do with the fact that I'm thinking in terms of what little girls might like since my granddaughter was born. ;)

butterflywing 07-23-2010 08:20 AM

uh,oh! everyone's watching :lol: :lol:

move over, fred astaire! (and jackie chan)

Aussie Quilter 07-24-2010 12:56 AM

Brown and grey, I find them depressing.

moonrise 07-24-2010 01:09 AM

Except for one*, I've never met a color I didn't like, however, mustard yellow and bright orange are pretty low on the list. They do occasionally have their "aha!" moments, though. I particularly love working with black. It really makes other colors POP! I love pink, too (might be because it's my favorite color). :mrgreen:

*The one color I don't like is solid white. I guess it's because white can be persnickety about showing the seam allowances underneath it if you happen to get them ironed the wrong way ... and also because it seems to get dirty so easily.