Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is there any interest in a class on making a bookmark with my "Blocks"? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/there-any-interest-class-making-bookmark-my-%22blocks%22-t39273.html)

Rhonda 03-12-2010 08:33 AM

welcome everyone! And yeah K I thought of that too. It is easier to see if someone explains it as you go and I will be able to walk anyone through any problems that might arise. I can't foresee any rough spots for anyone when I write the books so this way I can help you better.

This is not my original idea but I took the idea and added my cut down method to it and tweaked it my way. I think it is fabulously easy!

Rhonda 03-12-2010 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
Sign me up as long as I can check out the lessons on Mondays. I work every Sunday so can't be on the 'puter.
I too need a template.

Thanks.

I think I am going to post on Fri evening so people can work on it over the weekend if they want to. But there is no time table. Work on it as and when you want to. It will be there as a permanent lesson after this class is completely posted for anyone who wants to try it.

I hope everyone enjoys it!!

quazyquilter 03-12-2010 09:01 AM

I would be interested, too!
Thank you Rhonda!!! :thumbup:

reneebobby 03-12-2010 09:25 AM

I'll watch but which was the first template? If it was 1 1/2 I have it and I just might join in.

hsquiltingmom 03-12-2010 09:33 AM

Rhonda,

Sign me up as well. I do have the templates.

Thanks

Rhonda 03-12-2010 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by tkhooper
Do you need my addy?

Yes please! LOL it is hard to find one amoung so many! If it isn't something I got today or yesterday I get lost looking for it! LOL Thanks!!

Rhonda 03-12-2010 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
I've already got the template and having had a failed attempt at doing this on my own, I'll be in it! Drunkard's Path right? Easy curves? :mrgreen:

They really are easy! It is amazing how easy and quick this is. The only thing a bit scary to some is sewing a circle to a background swatch but it isn't as hard as it seems. I know you can do it K you can do anything you take a notion to try!!

Rhonda 03-12-2010 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by reneebobby
I'll watch but which was the first template? If it was 1 1/2 I have it and I just might join in.

Yes Renee it is the 1 1/2" template. It is fun to master this skill so hope you try it!!

Rhonda 03-12-2010 09:52 AM

Patrice has suggested that I start a class section in the Virtual section so all the lessons will be in the same place. I think that is an excellent idea so I am going to set that up.

She asked me why I am doing a sign up when anyone can see it and follow along. Well to begin with I wasn't sure if there was anyone brave enough to try the mini let alone add the Drunkard's Path to the equation. LOL So now that I know there are people interested we will proceed! You don't have to sign up to make a bookmark. You are more than welcome to joing in without signing up. The benefit for me is knowing who needs the template and I like knowing who is going to join in. The list also lets you the student know who else is participating.

So sign up or not as you please but make sure you send me your address if you need the template!!!

I hope everyone will enjoy the class and if you get frustrated please let me know so I can try to help you. I think it is an easy process but if anyone is unsure of something I would rather have a chance to help you through it than have someone give up.

Thanks Everyone for signing up!!!

I will give it 2 wks to get templates out to you and for people to sign up. so I will post the first lesson on Fri evening March 26th.

I am going to post a thread today and give you the basic info you will need to get tools and fabrics together. so watch for it after while!!

reneebobby 03-12-2010 09:55 AM

Thank you Rhonda, now I'll play.