Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is there any interest in a class on making a bookmark with my "Blocks"? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/there-any-interest-class-making-bookmark-my-%22blocks%22-t39273.html)

Rhonda 03-12-2010 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Add me to the list! Did I see some navy blue fabric?

Yep you did!! LOL It is one of my all time favorites!! Thank you so much for sending me some!!

Rhonda 03-12-2010 05:22 PM

Here is an updated list

Wow 34 students so far! And I didn't think anyone would be interested!

Sunny Days
Little Hud
Zennie
Montanaquilter
TKHooper
BKinCO
pam1966
CarolJ
debbiewi
Teacup
brushandthimble
Granna of 5
Margaret35
Grandam1
Dawn
purplemem
Danmar
Lisalovesquilting
K3n
Maksi
McDaniel 023
Mishnjim
Beachlady
Sewjoyce
Love2craft
tslowery
QuiltingGrannie
Quazyquilter
Hsquiltingmom
Reneebobby
Brookemarie19
3incollege
OklahomaSuzie
Bojo
Oksewglad

montanaquilter 03-12-2010 08:04 PM

i told you Rhonda that the ppl in your community are really missing out on your talent!! they should be ashamed of not being interested in you teaching them a class or two! thank god your on this board and willing to teach us!! actually, i wish you could come to our town and teach a few classes as i think that they would go over wonderfully!!! can't wait to get started

Rhonda 03-12-2010 08:56 PM

I advertised in the local newspapers and put my class info in the Salem's monthly newsletter. I posted signs with my cards at the post office and someone tore it down and tore up the cards and put them in the trash. We are a little town with only 400 people. Everyone knows everyone. I know who I think did it because she was mad at me. I put a sign up sheet with my stuff when I showed them at the church quilt show. I have always heard how much people like what I make but noone was interested.

I ended up with 6 people at the first class. One got mad at me because I suggested if she wanted to she could try redoing this seam so it would't lose the points. She took it as a personal slam. She apologized later but refused to come back. 2 of them couldn't fit it into their schedule after all. I ended up with 3 ladies who came for about 6 lessons then they all decided it was Thanksgiving and they didn't have time. So it fell apart.

I did a class a couple of years ago at the gift shop I am going to be selling to now and at the time she had 5 people come. Then she decided she didn't want to do classes in her store anymore so that fell through.

Everthing I have tried has fallen through. So I am more than happy to share my stuff with you all! It is nice to be appreciated! I thank all of you for being so supportive!!

Babs194068 03-13-2010 03:31 AM

I would love to do your class but if I have counted it right you will start on April 3rd and the 2nd class will be the 10th and I will be gone both Sundays. I will be back for the 3rd class.

swanrd 03-13-2010 03:42 AM

Please add me to your class, I am so glad you are helping us. Cathie

betty32084 03-13-2010 03:51 AM

count me in!

Judith 03-13-2010 04:33 AM

Rhonda, if you can make anything about a Drunkard's Path easy sign me up!

mjsylvstr 03-13-2010 05:17 AM

sent PM for the template
and marked the calendar for the 3/26 starting date.....
don't want to miss anything.

thanks again.mj

Lockeb 03-13-2010 05:19 AM

Rhonda,
I somehow missed this thread..for sure - sign me up....
Bill