Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   There is nothing I like better....... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/there-nothing-i-like-better-t55741.html)

Suzanne57 07-22-2010 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
than to come home from the fabric store and fold my new fabric. I went to JoAnn's to get some batting and bought a bunch of black/white fabric for a distant project. I'm sure I'm not alone in my fondness of playing with fabric.

Which Joann's did you go to? I like the one near Ridgemar Mall and the on on Pipeline east of 820. In fact I was just there on Pipeline yesterday. I bought some matching fabric for my D9P so each square other than the four corners would be different.

KathyAire 07-22-2010 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by RevPam
. she will sort and put away my fabric and will even iron pieces.

Iron the pieces? Oh man, what a friend. Send her my way. I have this crazy thing about just a little (less than two yards) of fabric on a bolt. I think I have to rescue it. The last bit is always wrinkled. I have several of those that need ironing.

littlehud 07-22-2010 05:36 PM

I love to feel fabric. If I've had a bad day I go to the fabric store and just touch the fabrics. My favorite day at the store was when I had brought DGD with me. She walked by some fabric and suddenly turned and went back to it. She just kept petting it and had a wonderful dreamy look on her face. She called me over to feel it too. Needless to say I bought her some of it. She has the fabric bug too.

reach for the stars 2 07-22-2010 06:12 PM

Going fabric shopping is like shopping in a candy store. It's all eye candy to me and no calories

Jingle 07-22-2010 06:41 PM

I bring all new fabric home, wash and dry it, fold with my ruler and put it into my big fabric cabinet. After that is all done, I usually buy quite a few yards at a time, then I stand and just look at all I have.

mrsdralshhadeh 07-23-2010 05:14 AM

ayya!! I see Im not alone!!! my DH says,, why are you playing with it,, I said because it is so prety, he just smiles and shakes his head,, lol...

Favorite Fabrics 07-23-2010 05:19 AM

Little boys collect matchbox cars, girls collect "little pony" or dolls... for some of us, fabric fills the exact same place. We shouldn't be surprised; there's still a child in each of us...

rwquilts 07-23-2010 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I love to feel fabric. If I've had a bad day I go to the fabric store and just touch the fabrics. My favorite day at the store was when I had brought DGD with me. She walked by some fabric and suddenly turned and went back to it. She just kept petting it and had a wonderful dreamy look on her face. She called me over to feel it too. Needless to say I bought her some of it. She has the fabric bug too.

That's my term for what I do in a fabric store...I LOVE to PET the fabric...used to call my friend and ask if she wanted to go pet fabric...LOL!

cabinqltr 07-23-2010 08:05 AM

[

...I LOVE to PET the fabric...used to call my friend and ask if she wanted to go pet fabric...LOL![/quote]

Absolutely!! Petting fabric is a wonderful stress reliever.
Ruth

grann of 6 07-23-2010 08:08 AM

Just came from Joann's. I have had a miserable week and needed to get away from the phone and life in general. So I went to the store; only bought yarn for dish cloths, but looked at the fabric and just let my mind wander up and down the aisles. I feel better already.