Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Think my machine just broke :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/think-my-machine-just-broke-t237890.html)

romille 01-04-2014 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955 (Post 6489597)
I have a Husqvarna and it alerts you first thing after calbrated "need proper hoop size...I have to choose the size on the computer screen of the machine in order for it to start working...do you have that option..should if your machine comes with diff size hoops.

When you turn the Pfaff on with the unit attached it asks you to clear the area (so the arm doesn't hit anything) and remove the hoop for calibration... then you click okay and it runs the arm up and down to calibrate it. At that point it should let you into the embroidery menus, where you would select the hoop size... but my unit was getting stuck in a loop with the calibration.

knlsmith 01-04-2014 09:59 PM

My dealer always tells me to call him any time. He put his cell number on the back of his card for me. I think I've called him on a Sunday one time right after I had gotten my longarm. He is very well liked in our area. Maybe because I'm in a rural area. Things are different than in big towns/cities.

I hope it all goes well. I just have a Janome 9500, 5x7 is the biggest hoop, and I really like it a lot. Embroidery is fun. :)

romille 01-06-2014 11:09 AM

I just called the dealer to follow up since I hadn't heard from them. They said Pfaff is closed for inventory and won't be open until Jan 9, and not shipping anything until the 10th. They are just going to order a replacement.

quilter2090 01-06-2014 11:23 AM

This is not a emergency! It's a sewing machine,not a living being that needs to go to the doctor on a holiday! To call a dealer after work hours because there is a problem with a machine is expecting too much! There is such a thing as family time. Even worse, to call on a holiday because the machine isn't working correctly. This is a machine used in a hobby, it is not a machine used to keep someone alive. Where are manners anymore?

romille 02-14-2014 08:01 PM

I finally got a new embroidery unit a week or so ago, just forgot to update you guys. I haven't even used it yet, but I would assume a brand new unit should work fine. Pfaff just shipped a whole new unit, complete with all the accessories... but I of course didn't get to keep the new accessories, only the new unit. I have been too busy with other things to play with embroidery lately, but hopefully that will change soon. I am itching to try some "in the hoop" projects!

justflyingin 02-14-2014 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by romille (Post 6575722)
I finally got a new embroidery unit a week or so ago, just forgot to update you guys. I haven't even used it yet, but I would assume a brand new unit should work fine. Pfaff just shipped a whole new unit, complete with all the accessories... but I of course didn't get to keep the new accessories, only the new unit. I have been too busy with other things to play with embroidery lately, but hopefully that will change soon. I am itching to try some "in the hoop" projects!

Definitely try it soon just to make sure it is working okay.