Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Think my machine just broke :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/think-my-machine-just-broke-t237890.html)

romille 01-01-2014 01:18 PM

Think my machine just broke :(

I have a Pfaff Creative Performance that I JUST got for Christmas, and I think the embroidery unit just broke on me... but of course it is New Years so the shop is closed. Maybe someone out there can tell me some simple thing that needs tweaking and tell me everything is okay :(

I was happily embroidering a baby quilt... I took the hoop off to reposition the fabric, and when I put it back on the machine kept telling me to put the correct hoop size on. I popped it on and off a few times, no luck. So I restarted the machine. When the machine starts up it always gives that message that says to remove the hoop so that the machine can calibrate...then it runs the arm up and down to calibrate it. When the bit that holds the hoop comes back near the needle it makes a horrible sound and then the machine gives me that "remove the hoop" message again.

:(:(:(:(:mad::(:(:(:(

BellaBoo 01-01-2014 01:30 PM

I would call the dealer at home. If there is no quick fix over the phone then the dealer will know you will be there when the shop opens the door and can't say come back another time. This is when you know if you have a great dealer or just a sewing machine seller.

stillclock 01-01-2014 01:34 PM

i would never call a dealer at home. yikes!

a new machine under warranty is just a test of your patience. it will work out!

aileen

Mdegenhart 01-01-2014 01:38 PM

Seriously, call a dealer at home on a holiday (or any day)? If anyone did that to me they'd be finding someone else for service. Geez, this is not a life or death emergency.

Kristi.G 01-01-2014 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mdegenhart (Post 6486479)
Seriously, call a dealer at home on a holiday (or any day)? If anyone did that to me they'd be finding someone else for service. Geez, this is not a life or death emergency.

I agree. And who would have their home number anyway? Seems pretty unlikely.

lots2do 01-01-2014 01:53 PM

Hope you get some answers. Can you google your question and see if anything comes up?

costumegirl 01-01-2014 01:57 PM

I would never call a dealer at home unless they were a close personal friend outside of the QS. New Year's day is deemed a holiday by some that is spent with family - it will be open tomorrow and you can go early and take your machine in so that it can be looked at in detail.

mariatherese 01-01-2014 02:06 PM

Did you try it with a different hoop? The hoop can be faulty as well. Is the embroidery properly centered inside the hoop?

I have a much older Pfaff than you (Pfaff Creative 2134) but the start-up sequence seems the same.

I'd try with another embroidery and another hoop. I've misused and treated my embroidery unit quite roughly through the years and I have to tell you that it seems to hold up pretty well.

Candace 01-01-2014 02:51 PM

Make sure your embroidery unit and machine are level to each other. Unhook the embroidery unit and put it back on, check to make sure they're stable and level and see if that helps.

Pam B 01-01-2014 03:22 PM

Wow! I certainly wouldn't call my dealer at home on a holiday...and I've known her for at least 15 years! What I would do is call the shop first thing in the morning. In the meantime, work on something else.