Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thoughts on Connecting Threads?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thoughts-connecting-threads-t243616.html)

kathyquilts40 03-22-2014 03:25 AM

Check it out for yourself. I use it almost exclusively as the price is right. I even bought plastic storage containers to use to keep my "extras" in. They have sales occasionally on the thread and that is when I stock up. Works great for me.

jmoore 03-22-2014 03:47 AM

I have recently made several purchases from CT and am happy with the fabric. I haven't yet put the thread in my machine but I have read many great reviews so am not worried.

Edie 03-22-2014 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Angel Bear (Post 6637264)
It's the only thread I use for piecing and quilting.

Same here - I buy the natural (color) by the dozen and I also have some of the colored thread which I get when it is on sale. Actually, the colors are too pretty to use!~!!!!! I love the thread. Edie

paoberle 03-22-2014 04:40 AM

I love connecting threads products and prices and customer service. They responded very quickly when I had a problem with a kit. Place an order. I hope you will be as pleased as I am.

paoberle 03-22-2014 04:42 AM

Love the way your thread is organized! I am going to have to do this. I am so tired of digging to find the right color.

BettyGee 03-22-2014 05:12 AM

I have purchased from Connecting Threads for many years. I have enough of their thread to last me the rest of my life, I went bonkers a couple of years ago when they had a sale. Yes their prices seem too good to be true, but I've never been disappointed in their fabric or their thread. They are just a family oriented business that thrives because they give quality products at good prices and give great service to their customers. You'll have to go a long way to find any company better. The only other one is Missouri Star Quilt, at least for me anyway.

Barbpr 03-22-2014 05:25 AM

I have used their threads for years and I too love them. No problems but I do clean lint when I change my bobbin. Their customer service is terrific. I have also bought fabric, kits and notions. The kits were very generous. Barb

kel_jh 03-22-2014 05:34 AM

Thank you all for the great responses! And for the reminders to clean the lint from my bobbin/machine. :p I have purchased some fabric from CT and was quite pleased with it. I will certainly give their thread a try after such great reviews from this board!

Thanks again!

salederer 03-22-2014 06:36 AM

I love their thread! It can be a little linty so I clean my machine frequently. I have every color they offer. It's so nice to go my thread collection and have the color I need. And their price is awesome, especially if you wait for one of their sales!

Snooze2978 03-22-2014 06:38 AM

I have all their quilting threads both the polyester and cotton ones..............though the cotton ones are linty, you can't beat the price. I also use Aurifil when I can afford their prices and they're not as linty. I rarely have problems with thread breaks with the CT threads so I'll continue to use them till the quality goes downward if ever. I also purchase their fabrics with no regrets until lately which hopefully will be rectified shortly. The quality is good but I think someone in the cutting dept. is getting skimpy with the cuts..............Just my opinion.