Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thoughts from Patrice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thoughts-patrice-t166027.html)

patdesign 11-14-2011 12:50 PM

Change comes hard for some of us oldies, for the most part I think it has just taken time for people to learn how to navigate the new board and where to find items they had bookmarked. Like anything new, there is a learnig curve. I hope at this point we can all move beyond the complaints, and address things that really might need fixing vs whining and complaining. Keep up your good work, it is appreciated.:)

Oksewnsew 11-14-2011 04:50 PM

I've come to look at the complainers like this - some people are just not happy if they're not complaining about something!! Personally I like changes, they keep your mind a'lert, and the Lord knows, we need more lerts..;).:D

teddysmom 11-15-2011 03:47 AM

Patrice, can the "Main" be broken up into categories? I just like to read the things from quilters who have ???? regarding their quilts. I don't look at the other categories; i.e. pictures, etc. It takes me forever to scroll through everything else just to read ???? from other quilters.

twinkie 11-15-2011 03:55 AM

Can someone tell me if I can find all of my posts listed somewhere? We used to be able to do that but can't find out how to do it now. Thanks and I am trying to navigate without complaints. LOL

dommiesewing 11-15-2011 03:58 AM

Hi Patrice,

I have learned so much on this site over the last year and love seeing all the beautiful quilts and projects the members post up here. However, since the new site was launched, the posts seem to be the same everyday. I consider myself somewhat computer savvy but can't seem to figure out where I need to go. Once I sign in, I would assume the most current posts show up but they are basically the same everyday. So, instead I go to the recent topics -- is that where we need to be? The old site listed all new posts on the opening page -- I do love the look of the new site but find it to be cumbersome. Are there any plans to fix this? Thanks and appreciate your time.

knlsmith 11-15-2011 04:40 AM

Thanks for all the hard work by everyone behind the scenes. Even though I am not a fan of the new site, I am still keeping an open minmd and exploring every chance I get. I will not leave because this site has been sooooo helpful, especially since I am in a rural area.

phoenixquilter 11-15-2011 11:40 AM

I haven't been on much lately but I do like the new look of the website. I did read a few of the negative and do acknowledge that change is scary sometimes. But we all know that change is the only constant in this world. I appreciate all you are doing for us. Take care, Natalie

gale 11-15-2011 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 4680197)
I've come to look at the complainers like this - some people are just not happy if they're not complaining about something!! Personally I like changes, they keep your mind a'lert, and the Lord knows, we need more lerts..;).:D

So a person like you never complains about any thing, any time, ever? Never? Sure.

lonestardreams 11-16-2011 05:18 AM

I'm happy to have a place to go to learn all that I have learned here. I do take classes on occasion but they do not compare with what I have learned here.

It's a great place to be- this forum.

Lbatescpa 11-16-2011 05:50 AM

Do you think it might be possible to put a "previous/next thread" button at the top of the pictures pages too?
Thanks