Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   tin lizzie 18 problems (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tin-lizzie-18-problems-t7784.html)

Barbm 12-11-2008 09:23 AM

Crashnquilt- I was thinking the same thing- surge suppressor with nothing else on it. Back up system- another good idea. We use them on our computers, probably a good idea for all of us since we invest good money in our sewing machines.

Barb

auntluc 02-21-2009 02:23 PM

Any updates on the problems with the tin lizzie...have the issues been resolved yet?

ms.tedi 10-13-2009 04:41 PM

:cry: I have just bought a tin lizzie and have had some problems.... I think it may be the stitch regulator also ... the lady I bought it from is going to talk to the main company sence it is under her warenty and see if it can get fixed... I hope so cuz I also just love it... I call her other names though right now using it without it....... works like a charm...
but I am not happy about it

bstroud51 10-16-2009 03:26 AM

I have a TL18LS w/Shirley Sticher. The 9 pin comes unpluged in the middle of a quilt and it's like Shirley is on drugs. Called the company and they blame Grace for the design and Grace blames them. BFF has one and the motor freezes up. She call the company and they told her to hit it with a hammer. Go figure. Wish I had never purchased this machine. Also, purchased designs off web, Shirley will not convert. Call Tin Lizzie in Utah 2 months ago with problem. Still can't use these patterns. Ready to get a atty and send this machine back. Local dealer no help. Knows nothing about the computer side of the machine.

ozarkgal 10-16-2009 06:09 AM

Checking the voltage at the receptacle and a surge protector as already posted is what I would do.

With that checked off it's the machine, the electrical systems are real cheap, no relays, no nothing, meaning that if button/light/wire goes bad it messes up the whole thing.

The hard part is finding the bad part, there's no way to know where to start.

You have to make it clear that you're not going away until it is fixed, whatever that entails.

Some company's are better than others.

BTW I don't own TL so take this post for whatever you think it's worth.
Good Luck.

BellaBoo 10-16-2009 09:04 AM

With the quilting business being a billion dollar industry in the past few years, many companies have jumped on the band wagon offering these home quilting setups.. Pure marketing, find a well known quilter, offer a generous name endorsement and sell while the iron is hot. I think the market is saturated with home type LA system and now after use many are showing how fast and cheap they were manufactured.

tinlizzieterror 10-19-2009 05:52 AM

I have had my tin lizzie since July. !st issue came from factory with defected encoder plug (regulates stitch regulator). 2. Problem came from factory with the wheels misplaced on the carriage. Wheels were grating into the metal roller bar, metel shavings going into my encoder messing up my stitching. 3. Problem electical wiring issues with the nine pin cables going to handle bars causing none of the buttons to work, but yet all the lights where on.. 4. Machine motor fresszing up. 5. Loud clicking noise in the front of my machine. 6. Clicking noise in the white box where power supply is. 7. Problem the needle will not stop unless I turn off all power supply. 8. My frame is factory defected according to my dealer. I have issues with all three bars as well as the top bars when adjusting up and down they are very difficut to adjust up to allow your quilt to roll up, but then in the middle of quilting the side bars will just fall down. I quilt at least 2 quilts a week. I would strongly recommend to anyone wishing to buy a long arm machine to avoid tin lizzie. As of today none of my issues have been resolved and I am to the point of asking for a refund.

tinlizzieterror 10-19-2009 02:09 PM

After following up with the owner of tin lizzie today, I just want you all to know that he told me that he would refund the store their money for my tin lizzie and the store that I bought if from would have to refund me. After talking with the store owner ( dealer) she stated that the owner of Tin lizzie had a NO REFUND Policy and that she did not have the money to refund me. I told her that is not the same information that the owner of Tin Lizzie gave me....so as the day went forward it ended up in a three way conversation. The owner of TIn lizzie backed down and LIED, and revoked his previous statement and further stated that TIN lizzie will only refund the cost with in a 30 day period. The dealer evidendely made comments as to my lack of knowledge....tried to make me sound like an idiot and of course did not back up any of my issues that had been reported to her. The dealer will not refund the money at any point after the sale. After all conversations lizzie did agree to send me a new machine a new computer and a new frame. As well as the same dealer who has been very poor....to set it up. Not only did the dealer loose a good customer but so did TIn Lizzie. You folks who do purchase your Tin Lizzie like me who was very excited to have a long arm machine and wanted it to work remember if you have any issues with in those thirty days and your dealer does not repair them you really need to go to the manufacturer and get a refund...before you are stuck with a 12000.00 headache.

ms.tedi 10-23-2009 01:52 PM

love your dog I have 6 yorkshire terriers...
so you have the newer machine and it still messes up with you? mine is just 5 years old but still having troubles with it lucky the local dealer will come to the house and work with me but has a long list... anyway we will see if he can get her up and running .... she has her quirks... when changing quilts........

Vicktoria 07-02-2010 04:51 AM

I Love my Tin Jizzie Machine , Could not libe without it . It's a Dream come true I can't imagine not Having the Ansley 28 in my life . The Staff at Tin Lizzy have been Great can't ask for better service . Surly this problem has to have been resolved after all it was back years ago and Now the Tin Lizzy is the greatest Affordable Long Arm on the Market I really can not say enough about the Machine to give it the praise it deserves . I would recomend buying the TinLizzy Quilting Machine over and beyound all the rest . Believe me when I say I have tried just about all that are on the market Tin Lizzy wins hands down Affordable and reliable Staff is great and on top of any guestions you have , they are their to help . They really care about their coustomers . I think this negative posting should be removed after all people look at the date . One bad Apple does not spoil the whole bunch . If your in the Market for a Quilting Machine you can not go wrong with TinnLizzy ,They are like Family once you own their machine you will love it Also .