Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tip toe through Hexagons Cutie Style, layout etc......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tip-toe-through-hexagons-cutie-style-layout-etc-t36954.html)

salmonsweet 02-26-2010 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
Salmonsweet, I LOVE your black and white hexs!

I was wondering if you like the second layout better if you couldnt finish up the large hexs and then do the same with the smaller hexs only in strips... like a border???
it would look much more structured (might be a bad thing) but the math would be easy and you wouldnt have to applique.

Thank you damsel! Structured is good. It makes things easier to work out, at least for me... :-) That's one thing that attracts me to the second layout. The small hexes are intended to be a border, kind of a frame.

I have also been soo tempted to lay them out with a diagonal slash across, big on one side and small on the other. Would be really easy to sew, just triangles to insert and a sash strip in between... if I could get more of the same fabric I might consider making a second one! And if I didn't have so many other quilt ideas as well already. You are all infecting me, you terrible people!!! :shock: :-D

cutebuns 02-26-2010 01:34 PM

More great works of art!

I think that whole quilting thing is addictive. Don't even get me started on this particular style.

I am hoping to get my top done by this weekend.

Quilter7x 02-26-2010 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by salmonsweet
... I have also been soo tempted to lay them out with a diagonal slash across, big on one side and small on the other. Would be really easy to sew, just triangles to insert and a sash strip in between... if I could get more of the same fabric I might consider making a second one! And if I didn't have so many other quilt ideas as well already. You are all infecting me, you terrible people!!! :shock: :-D

Too funny SalmonSweet! We are all infecting each other! :lol:

obie2 02-26-2010 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have made adjustments in the yellow hexes and I have lined them up better in rows. This looks so much better to me.
Thanks so much for the suggestions.

This is one angle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22177[/ATTACH]

obie2 02-26-2010 03:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and One more, different angle

salmonsweet 02-26-2010 03:58 PM

obie I love your space quilt!

obie2 02-26-2010 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by salmonsweet
obie I love your space quilt!

Thank you, Salmonsweet.

Obie

Esqmommy 02-26-2010 06:36 PM

Love the black and white, as well as the tigers. And the planets, wow what different quilts with unique fabrics. Love it ladies!

Esqmommy 02-26-2010 06:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I redid the borders! It does look much better, don't you agree.

Esqmommy 02-26-2010 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I redid the borders! It does look much better, don't you agree.

Oh, and that's Emma, my resident quilt inspector!