Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tip toe through Hexagons Cutie Style, layout etc......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tip-toe-through-hexagons-cutie-style-layout-etc-t36954.html)

obie2 03-01-2010 02:00 PM

Amma your quilt is beautiful. The view of the back shows your perfect seams and the precision stitching. this is great.

Obie

Jingle 03-01-2010 03:03 PM

All of the quilts are very pretty, I want to give it a try, I have others to do first. Maybe during the summer I can start on it.

deranged_damsel 03-01-2010 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Thank you everyone :D :oops: :D

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
Oh I know Amma!!! Eddie did a tute on a hickory nut thing. that is what your back looks like to me, except with triangles instead of hexs. :D :D :D

You are so right!!! That may be the direction that I need to go with this thought!!! Thank you :D:D:D

that would be neat! and you could still cut the OBW triangles if you wanted :D I dont know how big one would go about cutting them... hmmm... interesting thought you got me started on now! let me know ifyou do anything with it ;)

Kyiav10 03-01-2010 08:03 PM

I can't wait to get all of my hexes together! Everyone's is looking so great! I hope mine does too!

Kyia

Esqmommy 03-01-2010 08:24 PM

I'm sure it will!!!

billswife99 03-01-2010 08:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, y'all put on your shades cause here comes mine! 8-) 8-)

I really need some help with this one, I'm not loving it at all. I am planning to use black in the borders but I think it needs some in the mix to break it up a bit. I have the Encore book on the way, maybe some of those cubes will help. I liked somebody's idea of adding a diagonal slash. What do you think CB? Can this one be saved? :|

original fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26284[/ATTACH]

cutebuns 03-01-2010 08:42 PM

I really like it to be honest, I would rearrange it some more, if you want to break it up I recommend the block ones, and if I were you I would pick the purple out to do them in. though others may have other ideas,

k3n 03-01-2010 11:58 PM

Jenell - I like it! Subtle but effective! If you want to add a bit of pzazz then cubes would be great - if it were me I'd chose three shades of orange/yellow and try to position them so the dark sides butted up against the darker hexs and the light sides, the lighter hexs. To give a sense of transition. Hope that makes sense! You could also let a couple of hexs fall into the border - I'd go for a darker border if it were me, maybe a nutty brown colour? :-D

CAROLJ 03-02-2010 12:08 AM

Jenell, I love the oranges. For me it rocks! If you want to break it up I agree with CB, use purple. You could use purple, or a monochromatic color triangle (or cube) and offset some of the hexigons. Have the triangles flow from one side to the other to give it movement. Then carry the triangle out onto a black border to tie it all together. :thumbup:

salmonsweet 03-02-2010 12:36 AM

Wow, fiery!! billswife I like it a lot, it's like gazing into a fire, warm and bright. I love the idea of a very dark brown border, nuts and fire, mmm.

I agree with Cute, maybe play with the layout a bit more. And maybe leave it aside for a day or so? I am finding this helps me with mine, I've got plenty tired of looking at always the one same fabric. Then once I've gone and done soemthing else and come back to it with a fresh eye, I can be excited about it again.