Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tip toe through Hexagons Cutie Style, layout etc......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tip-toe-through-hexagons-cutie-style-layout-etc-t36954.html)

salmonsweet 03-16-2010 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Kyiav10
Here is some progress pics on my OBW. I have two more piece rows to sew together and the rest of the rows together. Hopefully by next week I will have all the rows together and can pick out border fabric.

Kyia

Lovely. I find it sooo satisfying when hexagons come together and the pattern shows. Yours look so fragrant, wonderful!

salmonsweet 03-16-2010 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by bailey
Remember my animal print - well here is the almost finished top. Just had to show someone! Hope you like it - I sure do.
It is not perfect but it is almost finished. My son will never notice I hope.

Oooh. Phenomenal. I think your son will be just bowled over. This is so creative!!! Definitely not just for quilters to admire! 8-)

I'm curious. Did you piece the animals in?

knlsmith 03-16-2010 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by bailey
Remember my animal print - well here is the almost finished top. Just had to show someone! Hope you like it - I sure do.
It is not perfect but it is almost finished. My son will never notice I hope.

i'm curious , too. Did you applique them? If you pieced them how did you do it?

mimisharon 03-16-2010 02:28 PM

WONDERFUL!!!!! Just in case your son really doesn't like it, I'll pm you my address. I don't usually like animal prints but that is just gorgeous!

billswife99 03-16-2010 02:44 PM

Oh I love the zebra quilt!!! I just have to do a black & white some day. Next one for me is black & pink. But first, I have to make a few more cubes and get this one off the floor.

Every quilt here is so inspiring! I wish I could pick a favorite but that is IMMMpossible! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CAROLJ 03-16-2010 03:55 PM

The animal quilt is spectacular!

sandpat 03-16-2010 03:58 PM

Kyia....I love your dainty one!!! Its sooo pretty! I'm going to have to try this with a small print too....it sure works for you!

Bailey...I'm in love with your animal OBW...I'll have to show it to my DH...he is not a B/W fan, but he will be bowled over with this! WOW!

Kyiav10 03-16-2010 04:56 PM

Bailey, That top is amaaaaazing! Did you aplique the animals on there? How ingenius!

Kyia

fireworkslover 03-16-2010 07:56 PM

bailey
Your animal print is awesome. I really like how you incorporated the animals into it. How did you do that anyway? Applique or are they pieced in. The lion head on the left really looks like it's a large hexagon - is it? Are the animals on the lower right as they were in the original print or did you arrange them together like that? Congrats - it's wonderful!

fireworkslover 03-16-2010 07:59 PM

kyia
What a wonder your quilt is. Look at all those great kaleidoscopes! I could spend a long time looking at them all. Congrats on a great arrangement. You are on your way and almost done.