Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tip toe through Hexagons Cutie Style, layout etc......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tip-toe-through-hexagons-cutie-style-layout-etc-t36954.html)

deranged_damsel 03-18-2010 02:59 PM

Som
I dont think that is the right ruler. it needs to be a 60 degree angle. you can check it with a protractor or just turn your fabric triangles.. they should be the same on every side.

CAROLJ 03-18-2010 04:11 PM

Cute avatar cutebuns

cutebuns 03-18-2010 04:18 PM

Thanks. It is due to a trip to build a bear last night! Her name is Shammy Rox!

alaskasunshine 03-18-2010 08:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
O.K. here we go again! Did this help any? I think it looks a bit better. I seriously botched the fabric selection on this one. I do have more fabric left so when I can use my left arm I will cut more strips and make a few more blocks. But what do you think so far?

Thanks so much for your help on this. I just love other OBW's I wanna make a OBW beauty...I am determined. :lol: :shock: ;)

CAROLJ 03-18-2010 08:45 PM

I like the mix of color and the fabric selection, very soothing colors. Try moving more blue into the pink ( or pink into the blue). You could add some complimentary or contrasting hexs across the quilt to add movement.

alaskasunshine 03-18-2010 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I like the mix of color and the fabric selection, very soothing colors. Try moving more blue into the pink ( or pink into the blue). You could add some complimentary or contrasting hexs across the quilt to add movement.

On the top of page 35 of cutting directions page I posted a picture of my first try at laying out these blocks, it was suggested to separate the colors... so now I am a bit confused. I would like to try to make cubes though I am waiting for a possible tute on that. I think that would help add movement through the quilt ;-)

CAROLJ 03-18-2010 10:33 PM

You can't win! :thumbup: I like the colors and I back out on the rest. I like the idea of cubes, it adds such drama to the layout.

fireworkslover 03-19-2010 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine

Originally Posted by CAROLJ

On the top of page 35 of cutting directions page I posted a picture of my first try at laying out these blocks, it was suggested to separate the colors... so now I am a bit confused. I would like to try to make cubes though I am waiting for a possible tute on that. I think that would help add movement through the quilt ;-)

When I look at your blocks the pinks seem to be more dominant than the other colors. So I'd try arranging them so the pinks make either a diagonal or "S" shape and then fill in the edges with areas of like colors ( the blues together, the yellows, etc.). Just an idea.

Kyiav10 03-19-2010 07:09 AM

Alaska, I still like yours. I think it needs some playing/moving around but I like it.

CUTIE...I got all of my rows together and the edges trimmed off. The problem is when I fold it in haf it does not lay even on the edges/ends. The top measures almost 32.5 and the bottom 32.5. I think I am going to leave it as is but wanted to see if there is a suggestion on what I can do.

Thanks.

Kyia

cutebuns 03-19-2010 07:19 AM

My suggestion is to press the crap out of it, you can probably even it up pretty close that way.