Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Too Many Quilts Displayed? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/too-many-quilts-displayed-t107199.html)

Lucy90 03-12-2011 05:44 PM

What is the number of too many quilts being displayed? I have 3 in my living room, one on couch and one on a couple of chairs. I also have a couple of pillows I made. Also have quilts on the bed and maybe one on the end of the bed also. I hung a quilt in a spare bedroom for display and will change to display quilts. Also have a wall hanging above my sewing area. Is this too much? I know people that do ceramics and have figurines all over the place. A relative said, my house looks to quilty! I just said, I love my quilts and like to look at them. Just curious what others think.

Kat Sews 03-12-2011 05:48 PM

Too many quilts on display is when you stop enjoy seeing that many.

wanderingcreek 03-12-2011 05:49 PM

I don't think any number of quilts is too many! You make them to look at and use and how can you do either if they are always packed away? I wish I had more of my quilts still so that I could look at them.

lileth1374 03-12-2011 05:50 PM

There is not an inch of space in my house that doesn't contain a "showpiece". If someone has a problem with the way you display your treasures, then they don't have to come over. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why I'm single :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vicki W 03-12-2011 05:51 PM

I say...It is your house and you enjoy looking at the quilts. Time for relative to go home.

MTS 03-12-2011 05:51 PM

It's your house, right?

How many Hummel figurines are too many to display? How many porcelain cat thingies are too much? How about lunch boxes?

You probably wouldn't want any of that stuff in your house - some of it might be even scary in that collector's house - but those people are perfectly happy with their surroundings in their house.

Put as many quilts up as you want. :wink: :wink: :wink:

debp33 03-12-2011 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lucy90
What is the number of too many quilts being displayed? I have 3 in my living room, one on couch and one on a couple of chairs. I also have a couple of pillows I made. Also have quilts on the bed and maybe one on the end of the bed also. I hung a quilt in a spare bedroom for display and will change to display quilts. Also have a wall hanging above my sewing area. Is this too much? I know people that do ceramics and have figurines all over the place. A relative said, my house looks to quilty! I just said, I love my quilts and like to look at them. Just curious what others think.

Never too many quilts. On my wall I have photos I've taken and quilts. No other art work.

You're an artist. Some people pay thousands on purchased artwork. Would your relative tell someone that had too many pictures on the wall?

quiltin chris 03-12-2011 05:52 PM

Who lives in your house the most, you or your relative?
I love displaying the quilts that I have.

I had my son make a quilt "ladder" especially to display the quilts that my husband's grandmother made--all quilted by hand. I love looking at them.

I have some wallhangings hanging in my living room.
Do I think there is a limit?---no way, since I live there.

If you went to your relative's house she probably would have her hobby results displayed.
Chris

SaraSewing 03-12-2011 05:53 PM

Whose house is it anyway? Yours! Therefore, decorate any way you want. I LOVE going to homes that have their passions displayed, be it quilts, or other loves. Go for it!

Bobbielinks 03-12-2011 05:59 PM

Never too many!!!!!