Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Too Many Quilts Displayed? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/too-many-quilts-displayed-t107199.html)

KathyAire 03-12-2011 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lucy90
A relative said, my house looks to quilty! I just said, I love my quilts and like to look at them. Just curious what others think.

Meow. Sounds like a little bit of jealousy here.........

shequilts 03-12-2011 07:06 PM

I have to agree with the majority here. Home decorating is a very personal thing. Country, modern, eclectic, it's all a matter of ones taste. I admire most styles, but feel most comfortable with my own homey stamp on my nest. You can bet there are quilts scattered all around. Do what looks good to you and enjoy it.

Mary M 03-12-2011 07:15 PM

Never stop displaying what you love so much. I haven't had anyone complain yet about the quilts I have on display. My true love for quilts started when I met a woman who done a lot of quilts and displayed them everywhere and in every room. She done a lot of thread art too. I became friends with this woman and have to say I still just stare at her walls in wonderment over the quilts. May not be for everyone but we shouldn't do just things for somome elses enjoyment, we need to fill our hearts with what we love too. Before my DH passed away she had made us a large quilt with pictures of him and the miniature horses we used o raise. It is such a beautiful memorial to him and it hangs on one wall in our family room.

trisha 03-12-2011 07:31 PM

You can never be too rich, eat too much chocolate or have too many quilts!!!

JoyVoltenburg 03-12-2011 07:48 PM

too quilty? geesh. I have quilts in every room of the house, plus a longarm in the front room. And I could care less if someone turns up their nose at my quilty house. Maybe I'll paint a quilt on the garage door too.

cnolan 03-12-2011 07:52 PM

I agree with all of the above... NEVER TOO MANY QUILTS!!

Also....

Originally Posted by JoyVoltenburg
too quilty? geesh. I have quilts in every room of the house, plus a longarm in the front room. And I could care less if someone turns up their nose at my quilty house. Maybe I'll paint a quilt on the garage door too.

Make sure to show us that door when you get it finished! =)

carolaug 03-12-2011 07:53 PM

There was one woman here that makes quilts with her daughter. Once done she hangs them in her bedroom...it looked AWESOME...Never tomany quilts...I have 8 in my livingroom...(wall hanging, ottoman top...one for the bay window, several on chairs and sofas..makes the home warm and cozy.

Leota 03-12-2011 07:56 PM

At least with a quilt, you can snuggle under... how many trinkets/bobbles can you snuggle with???

connie d 03-12-2011 07:57 PM

I totally agree with the previous comments. I would never tell someone that they have too many quilts or whatever in -their homes.

leaha 03-12-2011 08:06 PM

I have about 30 quilts on walls and beds and that is just up stairs, have to make a whole bunch more for down stairs. Its my house and I live here so I will do it up the way I want it!
And if it's ever too quilty for any one else, well they do not have to live here. LOL