Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Too Many Quilts Displayed? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/too-many-quilts-displayed-t107199.html)

bigdogmom 03-12-2011 08:10 PM

Do what is right for yourself! I had a neighbor come into my house (when I was in my blue phase of painting, now do yellow) and said "I think you can overdo blue!" How rude!
I loved my blue then and was very happy in my blue house. That neighbor was rarely invited in for a visit. Never forgot the comment but I enjoyed my blue,did what felt right for me.

BKrenning 03-12-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by connie d
I totally agree with the previous comments. I would never tell someone that they have too many quilts or whatever in -their homes.

With the exception of garden gnomes, I agree with this comment. Those gnomes are just creepy and a gang of them is down right terrifying. I wouldn't make any comments in front of them, though. They have big ears! I'd just get the he-- out and never go back--LOL.

carolaug 03-12-2011 08:12 PM

and with quilts...you just throw them in the washer. With trinkets...dust and clutter, and what a pain to dust them.

Originally Posted by Leota
At least with a quilt, you can snuggle under... how many trinkets/bobbles can you snuggle with???

earthwalker 03-12-2011 08:20 PM

Honest and open communication is much lauded...however, many it appears take this too literally. Since when has it ever been manners to make rude remarks about the decor/style of a home you have been invited into? It would be sad indeed if everyone had a home that looked like a store catalogue.

Vanuatu Jill 03-12-2011 08:43 PM

You can NEVER have too many displayed!! What a warm and welcoming sight it is to walk into a place and be "wrapped" in beautiful quilts!! Nope, you can never have too many displayed!

BETTY62 03-12-2011 11:18 PM

I love quilts and I love looking at them. I think you should decorate your house in a way that make you happy and not worry about what others think.

Ramona Byrd 03-12-2011 11:47 PM

Too many quilts?

Is there an amount that is too many?

How strange, either she didn't quilt herself, or wanted one of them to take home, or was jealous of your talent, or suddenly remembered how bleak her own home was without quilts in it.

Ramona Byrd 03-12-2011 11:51 PM

With the exception of garden gnomes, I agree with this comment. Those gnomes are just creepy and a gang of them is down right terrifying. I wouldn't make any comments in front of them, though. They have big ears! I'd just get the he-- out and never go back--LOL.[/quote]
---------------------------------
Now that I think about it, some folks seen to be a trifle nervous about my dear George, a 5 foot high Nutcracker who holds a tray for snacks. And Pete, and Sam and Gloria, and a few of the other 50 or so Nuts I have in my house from 2 inches high to George. But they are helpful, brightly colored and cheerful, plus, George has never dropped an appetizer in his life!!

janedee 03-13-2011 12:01 AM

Its no different to having pictures on display as far as I'm concerned wish I had more space and quilts that I could put out I bet your home looks lovely

meemersmom 03-13-2011 01:59 AM

DITTO!!!!!!

Originally Posted by trisha
You can never be too rich, eat too much chocolate or have too many quilts!!!