Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Too Many Quilts Displayed? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/too-many-quilts-displayed-t107199.html)

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 03-13-2011 06:01 AM

Look anyone who doesn't like your decor right in the eye and say, "BITE ME."

Homemother 03-13-2011 06:03 AM

I feel your disappointment and pain. I have a sister who believes she should grace everyone with her opinion, unsolicited or not, and that they should listen to her and they are dirt if they don't. Good thing she doesn't visit!

Homemother 03-13-2011 06:06 AM

Diane - this is the bomb! Doesn't this describe people to a T? Let opinions fly and do what you want and need to do!!!

Originally Posted by dcamarote

Originally Posted by Lucy90
What is the number of too many quilts being displayed? I have 3 in my living room, one on couch and one on a couple of chairs. I also have a couple of pillows I made. Also have quilts on the bed and maybe one on the end of the bed also. I hung a quilt in a spare bedroom for display and will change to display quilts. Also have a wall hanging above my sewing area. Is this too much? I know people that do ceramics and have figurines all over the place. A relative said, my house looks to quilty! I just said, I love my quilts and like to look at them. Just curious what others think.

Here is my answer to too much of anything: IT IS MY HOUE; I LIVE IN IT; I WILL PUT OUT OR UP, ANYTHING THAT I WANT TO LOOK AT; APPRECIATE; REMEMBER, ETC. Do as you wish and remember the tale of the father, son and donkey. Going to market they were all walking; first person to go past told the child he should be riding - too young to walk that far. Second person along shamed the boy and said the father should be riding - he was older and couldn't walk as well. Third person came along and told them both they should be carrying the donkey. When they arrived in town; everyone laughed to see them carrying a donkey when they could have both ridden it in.
SEE WHAT I MEAN??? YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE, SO PLEASE YOURSELF.
Diane in Garnet Valley, PA

jeannie t 03-13-2011 06:14 AM

Its your home do it your way!!!!! never to many quilts, if someone has nothing nice to say, they shouldn't say anything!

SaraSewing 03-13-2011 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Linda1
I guess all my relatives are afraid of me. LOL No one ever says anything about how many quilts I have out. The grands and great grands love to drag them around and snuggle with them.

Afraid? Never. They appreciate your quilts. They will remember Grandma's quilts even when they are old, and maybe be quilters themselves!

NancyMaria 03-13-2011 06:46 AM

One can never have too many quilts displayed. I believe that quilts make a house a home.

DJ 03-13-2011 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lucy90
A relative said, my house looks to quilty! I just said, I love my quilts and like to look at them. Just curious what others think.

I think her comment was rude! She doesn't live there, you do. Make yourself happy! BTW, I wouldn't make a quilt for this relative if I were you.

quilter41 03-13-2011 06:58 AM

I guess it's whatever you like. My DH doesn't like them out of the bedroom so I keep mine in a glass front antique cabinet in the familyroom.

luvstoquilt 03-13-2011 07:11 AM

It is your house! If you like it that is the way it should be! Tell your relative to keep hers the way she likes it and you will do likewise. Personally, I would love to look at your quilts!

Janet Espeleta 03-13-2011 07:20 AM

Gosh, your relative would have a fit if she came in to my houe as I even display quilts in the bathroom! LOL I live in central MO where a lot of the older women believe that a quilt is only to be used on beds. I just told them that my wallhangings are my "fine art" and that by hanging them on the wall, folding them over benches, etc. I can actually enjoy them. After all, how much time does one actually spend in their bedrooms awake enough to enjoy that beautiful appliqued quilt that is on their bed?