Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   too much stuff (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/too-much-stuff-t78280.html)

hperttula123 11-23-2010 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I've been in the process of de-stashing and while it's a big job it's worth it. I don't miss one fabric I passed on to someone else!
And it I get too low on stash there's lots more to buy lol
I am seriously on a fabric diet though b/c I want my room to be useful to me and not just a storage room :D

lol, now I know what you mean!!! I seriously, have fabric and sewing stuff hiding everywhere. I have bins to go through tomorrow. I just went through some of it tonight. Glad I have the week off so I can get rid of some of this. I really do need it to all fit in one room.

sew wishful 11-24-2010 03:54 AM

I'm in Iowa...that's down south of Minnesota...a bit warmer here, and I think we may miss the storm rolling in today! That's even better. So post that stash and let the best state win!!! LOL!!

OmaForFour 11-24-2010 05:50 AM

You and I have the exact same setup. I do however have a Pennsylvania Blanket Chest in there which has a deep chest on top and a drawer in the bottom. I store in there as well as two plastic tubs in the closet.

Originally Posted by ptquilts
mine is a combo sewing room, guest room, computer room. Of course I do have fabric stashed elsewhere...

CarrieAnne 11-24-2010 06:11 AM

Better TOO much than not enough, lol!

sandpat 11-24-2010 06:14 AM

I think thats why they make attics and storage buildings...:wink:

champagnebubbles 11-24-2010 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by hperttula123

Originally Posted by bluteddi

Originally Posted by JUNEC
I'll be happy to "store" anything that you can't get into your room.
I live in FL you can visit it anytime you want
June

NO... NO.... I"m closer... I'll store any fabric she needs stored.... smile....

oh boy!! I smell a sale coming on..... WHEEEEEEEE!!!

mn isn't too far..lol. But it's cold in mn just like it is here...burr!!!

Pick me ! pick me ! I am in the same state (of mind and location)

okiepastor 11-24-2010 06:19 AM

I have taken over the "guest room" to store fabric and completed tops--trying to get it all organized by color, and type--since I have quite a bit of decorator/suiting/upholstery fabric, etc. I was going great guns till I found SEVEN more boxes I forgot I had---now I'm out of totes and cabinet space. there is now only a path to the bed, and I still have to clear off the bed as DD and GKs are coming today---cannot believe how mu;ch I had stashed in closets and corners!
I am going to put some on here soon!

okiepastor 11-24-2010 06:19 AM

I have taken over the "guest room" to store fabric and completed tops--trying to get it all organized by color, and type--since I have quite a bit of decorator/suiting/upholstery fabric, etc. I was going great guns till I found SEVEN more boxes I forgot I had---now I'm out of totes and cabinet space. there is now only a path to the bed, and I still have to clear off the bed as DD and GKs are coming today---cannot believe how mu;ch I had stashed in closets and corners!
I am going to put some on here soon!

donnalynett 11-24-2010 07:46 PM

I converted a spare bedroom into my fabric room. I lined the walls with floor to ceiling shelves and have one row going down the middle of the room. We are in the process of converting our living room into my sewing area. We spend most of our evenings in the family room anyway so we really do not need the living room.

Annz 11-28-2010 05:44 PM

I think we all have that problem.