Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Totes, not bow tucks purses (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/totes-not-bow-tucks-purses-t219421.html)

oneteappot 04-18-2013 06:35 AM

I just put a couple of pockets with zippers in the inside of the totes for the things that I don't want to get lost in the bottom of the bag. Always get comments on them. And I make them big enough that they can be used to put some of my purchases in.
I love your dolphin bag, it looks summery!
Laurel/oneteapot

nena 04-18-2013 07:56 AM

Wendy, I love it. It does not look like a child's.

girliegirl 04-18-2013 08:53 AM

carry it! i have a quilted bag made of frogs and denim................

Dordee 04-18-2013 09:42 AM

I made one out of some quilted place mats that I really liked that did not go with the current decor I had and I got lots of compliments (I love dolphins and anything beach related, if you like it that's all that matters)

plainpat 04-18-2013 10:06 AM

Living in Fl,Dolphins seem very appropriate.I use a tote when I want to carry my iPad.Mine has 2 zipperd pockets & a couple with Velcro.So easy to wash & dry,inexpensive.Carry your tote & be proud of it.

sweetpea 04-18-2013 10:16 AM

I love to make totes. just so no one has one like it. and but the look you can get on the line in the store. what fun. use your tote and have fun with it.

sparkys_mom 04-19-2013 03:27 AM

I really like that tote and wouldn't hesitate to use it. If I made it I'd probably have dogs on it but that's just a personal preference. Your tote is very attractive and not child like.

Grannyh67 04-19-2013 03:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Wendys Quilts (Post 6009836)
Im the original poster. Here are a couple of pictures of the tote I was talking about. Both sides of the tote are different, but both have dolphins on it.

Thank you for your comments!

Wendy

Hey, nothing childesh about that, I love it, here are some I have made. I love them, just throw them in the washer and they are good to go again. The solid one is made fron Drapery Panels. The other is just scrap I had on hand.

solstice3 04-19-2013 04:03 AM

your tote is adorable. It is perfect....not child like

GrannieAnnie 04-19-2013 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Wendys Quilts (Post 6009610)
How many of you carry totes? Not bow tuck purses. Just totes, kind of like the Poochie tote.

Im interested in carrying my galaxy tablet, my wallet and keys. So I really dont need a big bow tuck purse. Just curious if another ladies out there might like carrying smaller totes. And I mean not child like totes...i made a poochie tote with dolphin material and I really like it. But am afraid it looks too child like.....

Wendy

I haVe no idea what a POOCHIE tote is, bu I own a blue zillion "shopping bagsd".., I use them for gorceries. For info for different meetings/groups. For books. For project storane.

I'm guesssing the tote you pictured is reversible