Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Totes, not bow tucks purses (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/totes-not-bow-tucks-purses-t219421.html)

Wendys Quilts 04-18-2013 03:05 AM

Totes, not bow tucks purses

How many of you carry totes? Not bow tuck purses. Just totes, kind of like the Poochie tote.

Im interested in carrying my galaxy tablet, my wallet and keys. So I really dont need a big bow tuck purse. Just curious if another ladies out there might like carrying smaller totes. And I mean not child like totes...i made a poochie tote with dolphin material and I really like it. But am afraid it looks too child like.....

Wendy

berryberry 04-18-2013 03:56 AM

I still use mine every day with my kindle. It's washable. It's functional. Best of all, I made it. Most days someone will see it and ask me where I got it from and start naming how they could use one, too.

Dolphin fabric I bet looks cool. Mine is made of apple fabric.

Stitchnripper 04-18-2013 04:06 AM

I have made a couple of bags. For one I used a pre quilted remnant and kind of made it up as I went along. It would hold a tablet and a few other things, but I use it as a purse.

Judith1005 04-18-2013 04:13 AM

All the time. I love doing my part to reduce waste. So I use totes for everything. Purses, travel, shopping you name it. I love that they are washable and reusable. So, :thumbup: go for it, don't worry what anyone else thinks. If it makes you happy and smile :), I say use it and enjoy.

Wendys Quilts 04-18-2013 04:56 AM

tote pictures added

2 Attachment(s)
Im the original poster. Here are a couple of pictures of the tote I was talking about. Both sides of the tote are different, but both have dolphins on it.

Thank you for your comments!

Wendy

Freddie 04-18-2013 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Wendys Quilts (Post 6009836)
Im the original poster. Here are a couple of pictures of the tote I was talking about. Both sides of the tote are different, but both have dolphins on it.

Thank you for your comments!

Wendy

That does not look childish to me at all. I used this fabric for a lot of totes and they were always for grownups. Love the style you made the bag. If you don't know what to do with leftover fabric, make a tote (bag). You feel good and everyone else that sees it, will be jealous that you are so talented.

gigi712 04-18-2013 05:18 AM

Childish? I don't think so. I'd proudly carry that tote.

toolazy 04-18-2013 05:25 AM

That doesn't look childish at all! Very pretty!

I do like kids' stuff too, tho. I use a waist-pack or pockets for my important things ($, driver's license) and a small-medium tote for anything else I'm carrying. I enjoy bright and silly as well as elegant like yours.

mom-6 04-18-2013 06:25 AM

Beautiful tote! Not childish at all.

I do most of mine with drapery and upholstery fabric remnants. Some of them I get funky with the linings.

Totes are so much fun and so useful. They're great for raffle donations too.

Mariposa 04-18-2013 06:29 AM

I love totes too. They are multi-purpose, and also make great gifts. Lots of creativity in a small space. Show your stuff! ;)