Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Trade Ya? (Fabric, Block & LEGAL Pattern Swapping) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/trade-ya-fabric-block-legal-pattern-swapping-t551.html)

kathy 02-06-2007 03:59 AM

I didn't see the post before I left yesterday but will look today when I get home. I'm online at home now so I don't have to wait till I get to work to catch up.
kathy

Norah 02-06-2007 06:44 AM

Something that could be fun, and use the quantity discount at the same time.......interested members pitching in to buy a bolt of fabric. Each one starting a quilt with it, keep some of the fabric for the next steps, send it to another member to piece the next step with their own inspirations and other fabrics, send to another, until done. The quilt club here does that, and the quilts are always a surprise and always pretty.
Also, JoAnns's here offers small discounts to students for their projects. Maybe they would do the same for us. One would have to get discount cards directly from them.
Here you go, Patrice. :wink:

mimisharon 02-09-2007 06:13 AM

The bolts of cotton are heavy, that might be an expensive deal for the shipping back and forth.........

I want in on quilt block or fat quarter trades. I'm thinking, how's the best way to get the info back and forth? Pics like Patrice did? Blues and Greens dark are my niece' request, so I'm buying up fat quarters of all sorts. lol lol

Let's get going, eh?
Sharon

patricej 02-09-2007 06:54 AM

Do you want me to scan the blues and greens I can spare so you can pick, or just roll the dice?

I'd tell you to give me your address and email by PM but I already have it.

:mrgreen:

mimisharon 02-09-2007 08:00 AM

Hey, yeah, whatcha doing making me open this board? lol lol

Luck of draw, I say, and I'm looking thru my stash for you.
Sharon

mimisharon 02-09-2007 05:34 PM

Sorry, Patrice, I have pink. I have black. But my reds are the real red, not that beautiful shade of almost a burgandy. I'm a red fan, so lots of it in bright bright red. Made a shade and the two wall holders with the primary striped fabric.

There is nothing wishy-washy about me, I just like vibrant! lol lol
Sharon

patricej 02-09-2007 05:45 PM

Not a burgundy - or even nearby. More like a deep scarlet. Thanks for looking, though.
The good news is I saw several possible candidates at the gazillions of bolts site. First I gotta check the budget, then I'm goin' shoppin!!!

mimisharon 02-09-2007 06:26 PM

Soooo, you're thinking my monitor is to old and warped to be showing me the true shades on it? OK, I'll tell the husband, he won't be impressed but he'll just get the hint that I'm buying a new monitor when I find the right price! You will be my witness!
:twisted:

patricej 02-09-2007 06:27 PM

Probably my scanner ... but ... hey ... if you want a new monitor ... I got yer back, Girlfriend

mimisharon 02-10-2007 10:00 AM

Yep, wanting a new monitor. Flat, at least 17 in. for these old eyes. I'm watching my sale papers, just like I do for the fabric. Geez, when will my dream of rich come thru? (Sorry, meds still aren't working!)

Sharon