Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade Ya? (Fabric, Block & LEGAL Pattern Swapping)

Blog Entries
    Does anybody know if and how we could use this forum to establish an ongoing fabric swap?

It might not literally save us any money since we'd have bought at least some of what we swapped, but I can't be the only one who has a mega-stash from which to share and swap the leftovers. Could also be a good way to find that last length of the fabric we didn't buy enough of and the shops don't have any more.

I was thinking a block swap would be cool. Now would make some unique quilts. But are you talking fat quarters or what? I'm game if we are allowed.
    kathy

Blog Entries
    Blocks, fat quarters, yards or partial yards ... whatever. If we're allowed, we should try to keep the rules as few as possible. (Just make sure we don't accidentally help each other into the jailhouse. LOL)

For example, there are a few things I need and can't find. I'd be willing to trade 2-for-1 if I could find them. Other stuff might go at 1-for-1; whatever works for the swappers making the transaction, the administrator(s) of this board, and ... oh, yeah ... those pesky, picky lawmakers.

:wink:

I would think that as long as there is no cash involved , friends could trade anything they want to but I'm just a dumb country girl so if BOO would find out for us we could get going. (hint, hint)
    kathy

Blog Entries
    Yes, that's fine. You can trade fabric as long as everyone understands that the message board administration is not responsible for such trades. It's all between the board members.

Blog Entries
    do you get to start a Monday with GOOD news? Yippee!!!

:mrgreen:

cool, now I've got to decide what I want to ask for.
    kathy

Blog Entries
    And I'll be scannin' my brains out this evening so I can show what I have to offer and what I need my trades to coordinate with.

I'm going to restrain my greed and let somebody else do the first "ask". Hope I have something good to help her/him out.

:-)

ok, I've got it. I'm making a sampler quilt that's blue and white, all shades of blue, prints, solids, batiks, blendables you name it. As long as it's blue. 12 inch blocks. I'll trade for a block or a fat 1/4. I mostly have beautiful batiks .
    any takers?
    kathy

Blog Entries
    I don't have any BBs, but I do have several blue fabrics to choose from. I'll send you some FQs. If they don't work for your current project, you can probably use or trade them for something else later.

Do you have any kinda-sorta-solids about this shade of red? I used up most of it experimenting with applique. Now I don't have enough to make the quilt I had planned and can't find any more of it. It's slightly darker than medium red; to coordinate with Federal Blue

Attached Images Attached Images

I didn't see the post before I left yesterday but will look today when I get home. I'm online at home now so I don't have to wait till I get to work to catch up.
    kathy

Something that could be fun, and use the quantity discount at the same time.......interested members pitching in to buy a bolt of fabric. Each one starting a quilt with it, keep some of the fabric for the next steps, send it to another member to piece the next step with their own inspirations and other fabrics, send to another, until done. The quilt club here does that, and the quilts are always a surprise and always pretty.
    Also, JoAnns's here offers small discounts to students for their projects. Maybe they would do the same for us. One would have to get discount cards directly from them.
    Here you go, Patrice. :wink:

The bolts of cotton are heavy, that might be an expensive deal for the shipping back and forth.........

I want in on quilt block or fat quarter trades. I'm thinking, how's the best way to get the info back and forth? Pics like Patrice did? Blues and Greens dark are my niece' request, so I'm buying up fat quarters of all sorts. lol lol

Let's get going, eh?
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    Do you want me to scan the blues and greens I can spare so you can pick, or just roll the dice?

I'd tell you to give me your address and email by PM but I already have it.

Hey, yeah, whatcha doing making me open this board? lol lol

Luck of draw, I say, and I'm looking thru my stash for you.
    Sharon

Sorry, Patrice, I have pink. I have black. But my reds are the real red, not that beautiful shade of almost a burgandy. I'm a red fan, so lots of it in bright bright red. Made a shade and the two wall holders with the primary striped fabric.

There is nothing wishy-washy about me, I just like vibrant! lol lol
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    Not a burgundy - or even nearby. More like a deep scarlet. Thanks for looking, though.
    The good news is I saw several possible candidates at the gazillions of bolts site. First I gotta check the budget, then I'm goin' shoppin!!!

Soooo, you're thinking my monitor is to old and warped to be showing me the true shades on it? OK, I'll tell the husband, he won't be impressed but he'll just get the hint that I'm buying a new monitor when I find the right price! You will be my witness!
    :twisted:

Blog Entries
    Probably my scanner ... but ... hey ... if you want a new monitor ... I got yer back, Girlfriend

Yep, wanting a new monitor. Flat, at least 17 in. for these old eyes. I'm watching my sale papers, just like I do for the fabric. Geez, when will my dream of rich come thru? (Sorry, meds still aren't working!)

Sharon

Boo
    One word of caution to those swapping. Please do not share snail mail addies on this site. I would suggest you share email addies in private messages. You can never be too careful.

Blog Entries
    Can I get an "AMEN" from the back?

Am I the only one who misses knowing your neighbor like he was family and being able to trust him more?

sigh .... :?

Definitely AMEN for that

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    Can I get an "AMEN" from the back?

Am I the only one who misses knowing your neighbor like he was family and being able to trust him more?

sigh .... :?

Not only will I AMEN but I'll jump up and down with the idea that I'm likely the last one in the world that has their telephone number on their email. I WANT to trust people, I WANT my life as a child on the party line back!

But Boo, you made a good point, but it breaks my heart to be so feaful!

mimisharon and all,
    I am certainly interested in this idea, but could only send blocks or fat quarters, actually, I have a few larger pieces and I too can get busy scanning. I am looking for a ton of sage or jade greens and neutrals. I have started a king size Drunkards Path and know I don't have nearly enough, also buttery yellows for some reason are hard to find here and I have an idea for a cottage type quilt for my shabby chic bedroom with yellow, pale rose, sage green and some blues...anyone out there, I would love to trade for anything I have. I will start scanning in the morning....just tell me how you all want to go about this and of course, I need to know what the rules are for sharing our personal address and email...I have no problem letting them be known, but what are the rules? Thanks, Janie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast