Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Traded to something not vintage, I'm pretty happy with my trade... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/traded-something-not-vintage-im-pretty-happy-my-trade-t226283.html)

JudyTheSewer 07-22-2013 06:44 AM

Tammi, Lucky You! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with that. It is so sweet that your DH wanted it put upstairs. I'm happy for you and am looking forward to seeing what you can do with that baby.

klgls 07-22-2013 06:45 AM

Good for you! I have a New Joy Frame and a Janome 1600, but since I bought my Janome 6600P I have been doing FMQ on that.

mighty 07-22-2013 07:41 AM

Sounds like a great deal for both of you, congrats!!!!

Shelbie 07-22-2013 09:07 AM

You will love this set up and especially your Juki machine. I have the same machine and it is the machine I use 90% of the time. I like it even better than my much fancier Husqvarna because it is so powerful and fast. It just sews without tension issues, thread problems or grumbling about thick layers.

Mariposa 07-22-2013 09:20 AM

Congrats on the great trades! Happy quilting!!

Jingle 07-22-2013 10:19 AM

I have a Juki TL98QE (QE means no extension table). I have it in a table and I love it. No room for a frame. It is 5 years old and no trips to the shop, yet. Keep it oiled and bobbin area clean. It likes new needles often also.

ArchaicArcane 07-22-2013 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north (Post 6189806)
I'm a little green with envy.....but very happy for you. I'd love to have a setup like that but it would have to go to the basement........ have fun...... let us all see your newly done projects.

I was sure this one would have to go into the basement too, but we realised that we really don't use the dining room table like we used to, and when we first moved into this house, the table was in the kitchen. (Of course the baking table and the 2 cupboards weren't there then, but what the heck, there's still enough room to turn sideways and squeak through the kitchen. ;) )

I'm so going to end up on an episode of horders.

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 6190052)
curtains? who cares about curtains when you have a great new quilting frame to use?

Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie (Post 6190078)
I had to go back and look--I didn't even notice that there were curtains in the room--I was too busy drooling over your new machine. Better yet no cash changed hands--a dream come true. Lucky you!!!
Sue

:D I was mostly lamenting the fact that I never see something like that until after I post a pic. Our curtains are behind furniture 80% of the time, and not in view the other 20%, so for all I know, they're all mismatched, and I just never noticed.

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer (Post 6190108)
Tammi, Lucky You! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with that. It is so sweet that your DH wanted it put upstairs. I'm happy for you and am looking forward to seeing what you can do with that baby.

Yeah, he may just be a keeper. :) I know there's going to be a learning curve, but it felt fairly natural. The lady I got it from (who turns out to be a distant cousin, BTW) says: "Write your name..." I did (I've never even tried it before on a DSM), and it's legible. Then I tried to dot the "I" with a heart, which I have practiced,... and butchered it. I'm claiming that my left hand creates a little drag. :p

Originally Posted by Shelbie (Post 6190377)
You will love this set up and especially your Juki machine. I have the same machine and it is the machine I use 90% of the time. I like it even better than my much fancier Husqvarna because it is so powerful and fast. It just sews without tension issues, thread problems or grumbling about thick layers.

Oh! I like the sound of that! To have a machine I don't have to fuss with is definitely a dream come true. Threading the needle on a machine that can move was challenge enough. The first time it moved while I was threading it, I thought I was having a little vertigo.

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 6190475)
I have a Juki TL98QE (QE means no extension table). I have it in a table and I love it. No room for a frame. It is 5 years old and no trips to the shop, yet. Keep it oiled and bobbin area clean. It likes new needles often also.

Thanks for that clarification! I was getting confused about the different letters at the end and gave up. I figured I'd just concentrate on researching the one I was getting.

Any thoughts on the oil? I know there's a little bottle of it with the machine, but I like my tri-flow. Any reason not to use it that you can think of? Which needles are you using? The standard 130/705s or the high speed needles?

On that thought, I should probably oil this big guy. It's probably been 5 years. Wow does it run nicely considering that.

justflyingin 07-22-2013 11:01 AM

I am really happy for you! You both got what you wanted--and I think you got the better end of the deal...!!!

nanacc 07-22-2013 11:16 AM

Congrats! Looks like you got a really good deal!

MisDixie 07-22-2013 01:03 PM

Congrats! my juki is also on the frame. Its a super machine, you will love it.