Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Traveling to Maine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/traveling-maine-t287872.html)

AnngelAnne 05-01-2017 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Charleen DiSante (Post 7814870)
Dear Quilt30 I am in Norwell, south of Boston. What town is the $2.99 Fabric Shop in?

Yes, I was wondering that same thing. I see a Fabric Factory Place in Auburn, MA, wonder if that is the one that was being mentioned?

Donnamarie 05-01-2017 04:42 AM

You MUST go to Mardens in Sanford Maine. Its kind of a junk store with a large fabric section with fantastic prices. I believe that not all Mardens carry fabric but I know that Sanford Maine does. Its exit 19 off of I-95 and then about 20 minutes down the road on the left. You will not be disappointed.

Roberta 05-01-2017 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell (Post 7814015)
I love the one in Demariscotta, a little town not too far from Boothbay Harbor off of 295. Cute little town with a few shops and restaurants. On your way in, there is another town with a shop that has wooden things made by prisoners and another quilt shop is there on the left just before the bridge.

Where are you headed to in Maine? It's a big state. We are leaving in two weeks to head for northern Maine/Canada for 5 weeks. :) Are you RVing?

I agree with you Kooklabell and Damaricotta is an adorable time to take time to explore as well. Some great little restaurants in the area as well.

Roberta 05-01-2017 05:02 AM

The Mardens stores in Lewiston and also Waterville also carry wonderful fabrics. Another great shop in Madison is The Fabric Garden, think that's the name. It is right on the main road from Skowhegan, ME to Madison and has a wonderful assortment and wonderful staff.

There are several other shops right on the coast and you get to explore the coast of Maine as an added bargain. Bar Harbor, which is home to Acadia National Park, also has a lovely quilt shop as well as tons of other shops to explore.

Rhodim 05-01-2017 06:58 AM

Maine

Originally Posted by kwhite (Post 7813999)
Hey yall. I am traveling from mid state Pennsylvania to Maine in May. Are there any "must see" fabric stores/quilt shops along the way?

Do not miss Alewives Fabrics ask for Rhea and Mainely Sewing ask for Margie. both wonderful stores!!!

Ram 05-01-2017 11:14 AM

If you are going thru Massachusetts; Northbound, Take Exit 26, head West to Shelburne MA, A Notion to Quilt
great shop.

Ram 05-01-2017 11:32 AM

Also, the Textile Company, Greenfield MA. Large selection of fabrics. They do not take credit or debit cards

Quilt30 05-01-2017 11:38 AM

The 2.99 store is in Auburn almost ar the junction of Rt12 and 30. You would get off the zpile at exit 10 Worcester exit. And go 12 south, I believe. You can google exact address.

AnngelAnne 05-02-2017 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt30 (Post 7815298)
The 2.99 store is in Auburn almost ar the junction of Rt12 and 30. You would get off the zpile at exit 10 Worcester exit. And go 12 south, I believe. You can google exact address.

Once again wishful thinking gone astray. I am assuming by the directions you are talking Auburn, MA. Didn't know there was one. I am from Maine so obviously was hoping you were talking about Auburn, ME. Oh woe is me. Will have to put that in my book. Who knows, lol. Thank you for the response.

kidhauler1948 05-02-2017 03:47 AM

Moose in Maine...Moosehead Lake always see them at dusk. Locals know where just ask.