Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Trip to Mary Jo's In Gastonia NC (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/trip-mary-jos-gastonia-nc-t158748.html)

Lady Crafter 10-07-2011 09:12 PM

The best place to add to stash ... and I'm moving a couple hours away within the next few months. Road trip ... every weekend! :-)

Joy Higdon 10-08-2011 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by harvsstuff
This coming Monday I am going to Mary Jo's with 2 girlfriends. We are so ready for this trip. In the past when i have been there with my DH we were either coming back from a trip or making a trip and had little time to shop. Its 430 miles from Florida but we have our movies, magazines and snacks. We will be there 3 yes THREE whole days to shop this fantastic store and also go to Long Creek Mills for threads. We have a BIG VAN and each of us have a long list. Let the fun begin.

I live in Florida. Take me with you.

4js 10-08-2011 03:07 AM

I didn't know there were other people in Fla. that knew what a great place this is to go visit. It has been several years since I have been up there but I got to visit both places and had a ball. I hope you don't have to take out a loan before you return. Be careful and have a blast. 4js

crazylady54 10-08-2011 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by fidgety
Ok I am jealous!!!!!!!! I SOOOOOOO want to make that trip but it would have to be a couple days for me.... One to get there and one to recoup from it. Do they have shopping carts? On average what does their yardage cost??? I wanna go toooo!!!

No shopping carts. Average cost I paid was $6.00 a yard. Keep in mind you must request they cut your fabric. Otherwise they rip it and you a a jumble of fabric threads.

coachmatthewsvhs 10-08-2011 03:32 AM

OLE!!!! Let the good times roll..... Awaiting pics of your purchases!

mcdaniel023 10-08-2011 03:32 AM

I love MaryJo's. Have fun!!!! If you are looking for blenders, omg does she have blenders.

MISHNJIM 10-08-2011 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
I love MaryJo's. Have fun!!!! If you are looking for blenders, omg does she have blenders.

And BATIKS and BATIKS and More BATIKS!!! I love Mary Jo's and the thread place too. One spool of thread lasts me a year, so I always buy at least 3 when I go so I don't ever run.

Have a ball...I know you will.

judi43 10-08-2011 03:42 AM

Sounds like we need to form a Caravan from Florida to Mary Jo's. OMG what fun that would be, better than a Quilt Show.

MamaHen 10-08-2011 03:48 AM

I'm in North Florida, I want to go Tooooooooooooo!

QuiltingGrannie 10-08-2011 03:48 AM

OH, how I wish I could go again! DH and I went once and it was awesome. I can't go without a list of what I need/want otherwise it overwhelms me.
When the sales lady ripped the fabric my DH almost panicked. He'd never seen or heard of that being done! I had to laugh.

Oh, and for the lady who said she would be the one saying OMG --- it's a common phrase heard there! I spent 30 - 45 minutes just looking at all the notions BEFORE I looked at all the fabric! And the buttons....

Have fun!

Phyllis
aka QuiltingGrannie
Quilter's Pantry