Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Turning SNOW day into a SEW day! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/turning-snow-day-into-sew-day-t36530.html)

vbourck 02-10-2010 09:12 AM

I am sure there are many others here on this forum on the east coast. We got almost 3 ft of snow last Saturday and are now in the middle of a blizzard, getting probably another foot or so. I have finished several non-quilt sewing projects and am now ging to sew all afternoon! No one is going anywhere, so what else is there to do but Sew, sew, sew!!!! I will post the block I am working on when I finish, it will all after noon at least. Happy sewing everyone!

brookemarie19 02-10-2010 09:26 AM

Man, wish I had that options, but snow days also mean all the kids are home all day (and thats alot with my four and my friend's two) :cry: I guess I'll have to wait until tonight to get to sew.

IrishNY 02-10-2010 09:30 AM

I am working from home today but will probably knock off early and do some sewing. I have the snow day mentality today.

Dancing Needle 02-10-2010 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by vbourck
I am sure there are many others here on this forum on the east coast. We got almost 3 ft of snow last Saturday and are now in the middle of a blizzard, getting probably another foot or so. I have finished several non-quilt sewing projects and am now ging to sew all afternoon! No one is going anywhere, so what else is there to do but Sew, sew, sew!!!! I will post the block I am working on when I finish, it will all after noon at least. Happy sewing everyone!

Well, we don't have the snow day but I think I'll make it a sew day too....just to give our east coast quilting sisters some moral support! :lol:

jbud2 02-10-2010 10:29 AM

Monday I cleaned my sewing room. Tuesday I went to exercise class, and also for fabric. Today, I dug into the closet organized my batting and polyfil and found a tub of fabric. Some good, some where did that come from?? And a piece of pink ticking that I am going to cut and make kid's aprons, for the Christmas Bazaar in November of this year. I should be able to get out by then. Meanwhile I am handquilting another quilt between shoveling.

NorBanaquilts 02-10-2010 10:43 AM

The snow is piling up outside and I'm almost done with a small wallhanging. I love snow days!

Quilter7x 02-10-2010 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dancing Needle
Well, we don't have the snow day but I think I'll make it a sew day too....just to give our east coast quilting sisters some moral support! :lol:

Thank you, we need all the support we can get. :D It's snowing like crazy outside!

Barbm 02-10-2010 11:53 AM

thought it was going to be a snow day, but hubby wanted to go to work so i dropped him off and came to work.

and people actually call for me to do stuff. How dare they! Don't they know I've been playing online 75% of the time, looked at 2 pp books and have eaten every half hour. And they want me to work....

well, need to get 2 more files done. 1 more hour before hubby gets dropped off and I'd like to say I did something. :)

mountain-moma 02-10-2010 12:01 PM

It's still snowing also in my neck of the woods as well and oh so cold with just me and hubby home i'll make the rest of the evening a snowing sewing evening.Son had to work today but hopefully he will call and let me no he has made it to work later this evening u no how us parents are wondering about our childern 25 or 85 i just want to know if he is ok(:)

Oklahoma Suzie 02-10-2010 12:08 PM

we have had lots of snow here too, and nothing better to do but sew.