Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning SNOW day into a SEW day!

I am sure there are many others here on this forum on the east coast. We got almost 3 ft of snow last Saturday and are now in the middle of a blizzard, getting probably another foot or so. I have finished several non-quilt sewing projects and am now ging to sew all afternoon! No one is going anywhere, so what else is there to do but Sew, sew, sew!!!! I will post the block I am working on when I finish, it will all after noon at least. Happy sewing everyone!

Man, wish I had that options, but snow days also mean all the kids are home all day (and thats alot with my four and my friend's two) :cry: I guess I'll have to wait until tonight to get to sew.

I am working from home today but will probably knock off early and do some sewing. I have the snow day mentality today.

Quote Originally Posted by vbourck
    I am sure there are many others here on this forum on the east coast. We got almost 3 ft of snow last Saturday and are now in the middle of a blizzard, getting probably another foot or so. I have finished several non-quilt sewing projects and am now ging to sew all afternoon! No one is going anywhere, so what else is there to do but Sew, sew, sew!!!! I will post the block I am working on when I finish, it will all after noon at least. Happy sewing everyone!
    Well, we don't have the snow day but I think I'll make it a sew day too....just to give our east coast quilting sisters some moral support! :lol:

Monday I cleaned my sewing room. Tuesday I went to exercise class, and also for fabric. Today, I dug into the closet organized my batting and polyfil and found a tub of fabric. Some good, some where did that come from?? And a piece of pink ticking that I am going to cut and make kid's aprons, for the Christmas Bazaar in November of this year. I should be able to get out by then. Meanwhile I am handquilting another quilt between shoveling.

The snow is piling up outside and I'm almost done with a small wallhanging. I love snow days!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Needle
    Well, we don't have the snow day but I think I'll make it a sew day too....just to give our east coast quilting sisters some moral support! :lol:
    Thank you, we need all the support we can get. :D It's snowing like crazy outside!

thought it was going to be a snow day, but hubby wanted to go to work so i dropped him off and came to work.

and people actually call for me to do stuff. How dare they! Don't they know I've been playing online 75% of the time, looked at 2 pp books and have eaten every half hour. And they want me to work....

well, need to get 2 more files done. 1 more hour before hubby gets dropped off and I'd like to say I did something. :)

Blog Entries
    It's still snowing also in my neck of the woods as well and oh so cold with just me and hubby home i'll make the rest of the evening a snowing sewing evening.Son had to work today but hopefully he will call and let me no he has made it to work later this evening u no how us parents are wondering about our childern 25 or 85 i just want to know if he is ok(:)

we have had lots of snow here too, and nothing better to do but sew.

Banned
    I'm sewing, too, in support of all my friends who are snowed in :)

Maryland has more snow than Maine this year. My 3 kids are in MD and VA. Feel for all of you in that area. You guys are just nor prepared to deal with that much snow! When I lived down there, I used to take Docs and nurses to the hospital with our 4 wheel drive.

Blog Entries
    I do miss having snow days!

No snow here, no snow day for me. :( Wish it was different but winter vacation is coming up soon!

I had a snow day and oh boy what fun! I got my top together for my earth window quilt, I made two curtains (have one left) for the divider between hubby's space and mine in the basement and now am working on my doll quilt! Gosh I love these snow days I get so much accomplished (I even did laundry, helped my little one clean her room and cleaned the bathroom!)
    Why do I work?? lol oh yeah so I can buy fabric teehee
    Hugs
    April

Wish we could have a snow day here in FL so I could sew :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thismomquilts
    Wish we could have a snow day here in FL so I could sew :)
    I miss them! We have to settle for tropical storm days here! Unfortunately, the power is usually either out entirely, or comes and goes. It's good for getting some cutting or bindings done though!

I got my block done today. We got about 20 inches on top of the 30 inches we got on Saturday. I am tired of snow!!
    But I am SO glad to get my final block done on my Pieces of Baltimore BOM that I started last October. This last block has 315 pieces in it, but it went together pretty easily, some of the others seemed more difficult. Now on to the border that has 32 pieced flowers.....and then the hand quilting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vbourck
    I got my block done today. We got about 20 inches on top of the 30 inches we got on Saturday. I am tired of snow!!
    But I am SO glad to get my final block done on my Pieces of Baltimore BOM that I started last October. This last block has 315 pieces in it, but it went together pretty easily, some of the others seemed more difficult. Now on to the border that has 32 pieced flowers.....and then the hand quilting.
    That's beautiful!

That block is beautiful!

We have had snow here and so cold today. I quilted a quilt yesterday but even with my heater on in the garage my feet were frozen by the time I got it done. I have another I have to get done today and it's colder today that yesterday.

Today is the 3rd day in a row that my school was cancelled. The first day I sewed all day and loved it. Yesterday I forced myself to do some cleaning that needed to be done (cabinets and such). Today I am just in a foul mood...these snow days are cutting into my summer vacation and I just love summer! Once I motivate myself to get away from the computer, I will sew again.

It is snowing in TEXAS!
    I am home today, sewing too.
    I love it in Texas when it snows...everything shuts down.
    It is so beautiful. I have the blinds open and every once in a while I go out on the front porch to watch the big flakes and take in the quiet. Having spent part of my childhood living on Lake Superior close to Canada, I have seen alot of snow and cold breezes....so I am relishing the moment.
    Back to quilting.
    ....D in TX

well im in sunny california its rained alot and snow is in the beautiful mountains. I think I will sew today havent in 3days so I'm feeling blue. I feel like I wont get back unless I make the time. You all encouraged me thank you!!

But I am SO glad to get my final block done on my Pieces of Baltimore BOM that I started last October. This last block has 315 pieces in it, but it went together pretty easily, some of the others seemed more difficult. Now on to the border that has 32 pieced flowers.....and then the hand quilting.[/quote]

I LOVE this!!! I'm thinking what a pretty top just one block design, greatly enlarged, would make for a bed. I think I'll work on coming up with a plan/pattern for that today since it looks like we are really going to get a snow day(s) way down here in Louisiana. It was sleeting this morning, and now it's snowing. Of course, everything shuts down when we get a rare snow--and the roads/streets remain unpassable until it melts. No one has a snowplow here--and probably no salt stockpiled within 200 miles. That's okay. Like the poster above; I'll sit near a window and watch it snow as I quilt away. I certainly hope the power stays on, though. If it doesn't, I'll get on grandmother's treddle machine--after I rearrange the furniture to get it by a window.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast