Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Turning SNOW day into a SEW day! >

Turning SNOW day into a SEW day!

Turning SNOW day into a SEW day!

Old 02-11-2010, 05:35 AM

We have had snow here and so cold today. I quilted a quilt yesterday but even with my heater on in the garage my feet were frozen by the time I got it done. I have another I have to get done today and it's colder today that yesterday.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:54 AM

Today is the 3rd day in a row that my school was cancelled. The first day I sewed all day and loved it. Yesterday I forced myself to do some cleaning that needed to be done (cabinets and such). Today I am just in a foul mood...these snow days are cutting into my summer vacation and I just love summer! Once I motivate myself to get away from the computer, I will sew again.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:18 AM

It is snowing in TEXAS!
I am home today, sewing too.
I love it in Texas when it snows...everything shuts down.
It is so beautiful. I have the blinds open and every once in a while I go out on the front porch to watch the big flakes and take in the quiet. Having spent part of my childhood living on Lake Superior close to Canada, I have seen alot of snow and cold breezes....so I am relishing the moment.
Back to quilting.
....D in TX
Old 02-11-2010, 08:16 AM

well im in sunny california its rained alot and snow is in the beautiful mountains. I think I will sew today havent in 3days so I'm feeling blue. I feel like I wont get back unless I make the time. You all encouraged me thank you!!
Old 02-11-2010, 08:23 AM

But I am SO glad to get my final block done on my Pieces of Baltimore BOM that I started last October. This last block has 315 pieces in it, but it went together pretty easily, some of the others seemed more difficult. Now on to the border that has 32 pieced flowers.....and then the hand quilting.[/quote]

I LOVE this!!! I'm thinking what a pretty top just one block design, greatly enlarged, would make for a bed. I think I'll work on coming up with a plan/pattern for that today since it looks like we are really going to get a snow day(s) way down here in Louisiana. It was sleeting this morning, and now it's snowing. Of course, everything shuts down when we get a rare snow--and the roads/streets remain unpassable until it melts. No one has a snowplow here--and probably no salt stockpiled within 200 miles. That's okay. Like the poster above; I'll sit near a window and watch it snow as I quilt away. I certainly hope the power stays on, though. If it doesn't, I'll get on grandmother's treddle machine--after I rearrange the furniture to get it by a window.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:35 AM

I am in Texas too but my job did not shut down last night so I drove home in it this morning. Good thing it was just snow or I'm sure I would still be on the road. It is indeed beautiful. I've never lived anywhere except this area and I do love the snow. I think I will stay up a while and sew too.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:41 AM

Here's how I spent my snow day yesterday....
Attached Thumbnails attachment-6118.jpe  
Old 02-11-2010, 09:25 AM

It seems that that is all I have been doing lately is sewing! Of course I am being such a fickle pickle. When I was working, all I did was dream of all the quilts I could make. But now, I am getting burned out. I need a distraction---like a trip to the fabric store! A girl can never have too much fabric!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:44 AM

Whoa, that brings up old memories! I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and there were a few times I had to depend on nice folks like you to get me to and from the hospital in weather like this. I used to hate the "S" word. Now that I am retired I can afford to be less emotional about snow. I still feel for people like nurses and policemen and firemen, etc who still have to deal with the nasty weather.

Originally Posted by beachlady
Maryland has more snow than Maine this year. My 3 kids are in MD and VA. Feel for all of you in that area. You guys are just nor prepared to deal with that much snow! When I lived down there, I used to take Docs and nurses to the hospital with our 4 wheel drive.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Power Poster

Such beautiful works!!! I love them both...a great way to spend snow days :D:D:D