Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Turning SNOW day into a SEW day! >

Turning SNOW day into a SEW day!

Turning SNOW day into a SEW day!

Old 02-11-2010, 10:56 AM

We never have snow here (except in the high mountains like Lake Tahoe or Yosemite), but we've sure had lots and lots and lots of rain...no drought this summer! Remember in the song; "it never rains in California, but brother don't they warn ya, it pours, man it pours!" ...... very true this year!

Rain Days are also good for quilting!

Judging by the TV news, I hope you can all stay inside and warm, your gas&electric functions, you have enough food, and all your loved ones are safe and healthy. ...and that you can Quilt!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:01 AM

Soon as I am off of here, I will be working on Doll Swap quilts. I will have homework over the weekend to do, test next week.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:14 AM

I am in Georgia and we are expecting 1-2inches tomorrow so the rush is on. The grocery stores are packed. We have the snow plowers and salt/sand ready to go!! We like to be prepared for a Storm!!
I am going to sew or clean my sewing room.
Happy Snow Day
Old 02-11-2010, 11:33 AM

I also got socked with 3ft. of snow. Work in the school system and we have been closed since Monday. Have been sewing since Saturday. What fun. Kids are grown so no need to stop. lol. Will post quilt when I finish. Oh, did I mention my DH and I have been shoveling since Sat. Quilting first when I need a break I help shovel.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:37 AM

I have been snowed in here too...........and I love it ! It means I have all day to quilt/sew/cut etc...and I do take advantage of that. Everything comes to a halt here, most everything is closed, and I am just so glad that I dont have to drive in it or go anywhere.. only problem we can have is loosing power = no power, no sewing machine, no heat, no water, etc..... and that can happen anytime..we live in the edge of Pisgah National Forrest which means a lot of trees, which can fall or drop limbs on power lines. But as long as we have power, I have the sewing machine going. Oh goody............
Old 02-11-2010, 12:37 PM

Hi, I'm peewee from Pa. Its a beautiful design. Did you get it from a block of the month or some other source?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:21 PM

The design is Pam Bono's Pieces of Baltimore. My LQS did it as a Block of the month, started it Sept. 2008, and was keepingh up until the last block. Now it is finished. Each block is 18", they are really big. It is supposed to look like a Baltimore Album appliqued quilt but it is all pieced instead. Now I will be getting it all together and ready to hand quilt. Will probably take me a year to get it done.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:50 PM

We have also been snowed in and it has been wonderful. I have crochetted, cut tons of strips for a baby quilt order and enjoyed my husband's company. We had no electric for about 3 hours, and no phone service for the past 2 days. Of course I had plenty of time looking for creative ideas on the computer. Tomorrow is another snow day and I look forward to quilting all day.

Let It Snow.....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4916[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-4916.jpe   attachment-4917.jpe  
Old 02-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Banned

that is butiful, thank you for sharing
Old 02-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Banned

that is done so good, no snow for us here.