Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   TV shows on quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tv-shows-quilting-t41977.html)

newestnana 04-07-2010 09:27 AM

I learned on another thread about the Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day show on tv. Found it on the RFD channel (345 on my DirecTV), Wednesday at 2:30 (not sure how often it's on but I set my DVR to record all of them).

I also get Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting on NY21 (a public tv channel, Channel 21 on my DirecTV) Thursdays at 3 pm.

Are there any other shows we can look for? Please give all the information you have (network, channel on your tv, day & time).

It's true that you can watch some of these online at their websites.

quiltsRfun 04-07-2010 09:33 AM

Sewing with Nancy does some shows about quilting. It's on my local PBS station.

Pam 04-07-2010 09:35 AM

You can see parts of Simply Quilts at HGTV.com. BOOOOO HGTV for taking that off.

craftybear 04-07-2010 09:37 AM

I have Dish TV and don't seem to find any of the quilting shows on tv now

jljack 04-07-2010 09:39 AM

I think Simply Quilts got too expensive for the network...and Alex and Ricky decided they could make more money on the internet, charging for their videos on there. Anyway, I sure miss that show!! :thumbdown:

Fons & Porter in our area is on ValleyPublic TV on Saturday mornings at 8:30. However, we only get to see 3 in a row, and then they do fund raising for 3 weekends and it gets bumped. I don't like that they do that. I love that show, and I miss it when it's not on.

I do get Sewing with Nancy, and it's on a different station - don't recall which one. It's on at times I am not at home, so I record.

Quilt In a Day is on the Catholic station here...isn't that weird? I also have to record that one, as it's on during the day.

Oklahoma Suzie 04-07-2010 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
Sewing with Nancy does some shows about quilting. It's on my local PBS station.

that's the one I was going to say.

Katia 04-07-2010 09:42 AM

Woohoo !!! Thanks for mentioning about RFD. Eleanor comes on at 11:30am Wednesday here. How cool is that?

amma 04-07-2010 10:03 AM

Both America Sews Creatively and America Quilts Creatively. They both have quilt segments.

Lap Quilting with Georgia Bonesteel is another one.

Quilting Arts

Kaye's Quilting Friends

Martha Pullen has a show too, lots of heirloom, but also quilting too.

I watch all of these on my local PBS channels.

amandasgramma 04-07-2010 10:12 AM

I get 250 channels on DishNetwork....and I just found the RFD channel -- #231!!! (in my area) I went to their website and pulled up the channels, found RFD, and it gave two #s -- 9398 and 231. I got it on 231!! I also have learned a lot from www.quilterstv.com....THANK YOU!!!!!

Kitsie 04-07-2010 12:15 PM

F&P's show has been listed on my DirectTV on a public broadcast channel but when I go there its a woodworker's shop! Darn! I don't get a Ch 21.