Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   UFO Challenge for 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ufo-challenge-2012-a-t171902.html)

pollyjvan9 12-13-2011 08:02 AM

UFO Challenge for 2012

Has there been a post for a UFO Challenge for 2012? I can't seem to find one. I didn't officially join for 2011, but I did challenge myself to complete at least one per month. I have exceeded that goal, reached 16 yesterday, and thought I would join the 2012 challenge. Thanks to all who organize these challenges, etc.

Quilt Mom 12-13-2011 08:18 AM

Pollyv9. it looks like you have just started it!! LOL

I think it is usually just a thread started by a member. Then whoever wants to participate, does.

Congratulations on getting so many UFOs completed this year!

DebraK 12-13-2011 11:10 AM

Quite an accomplishment.

Gramie bj 12-13-2011 11:31 AM

OH MY you have done very well, if anyone starts a challenge please let me know I think I may need to have some one watching over my shoulder from time to time.LOL Question! UFO means Unfinished object, right? does this included projects that you want to get done, have everything for but just haven't actually started? Example this last summer found out my nephew will be leaving the Army in June and I would really like to make him a special quilt. I have come up with a design and purchased all needed supplies , fabric, thread, batting, and backing. Is that a UFO or do I have to actualy start cutting fabric, and set it aside before it is a UFO

pollyjvan9 12-13-2011 06:16 PM

Gramie BJ, I think an unfinished object (UFO) is just that. One that is in some stage of construction, put aside for whatever reason, and not gotten back to for a while. I have some that I pieced the top the 1st year I started quilting, 2006 and have never quilted. Some are done except for the binding, some about half way finished. I always have several that I am working on at once so it is hard for me to tell for sure what is a UFO, so anything I haven't touched for at least 3 mos qualifies. Well, if I have started a challenge I guess I will try to finish my list and put it on here in a few days. My goal this year is to finish 20 UFO's.

Canada Kate 12-13-2011 06:31 PM

I must be a werido or something, as I only work on one thing at a time.

quilter1942 12-13-2011 06:40 PM

I have a lot of UFO and PIGS,I usually have 2 or 3 at a time I am working on.I get bored if I am just working on 1.Canada Kate you are are not a weirdo.I have friends who work on 1 thing at a time.1 only buys what she needs for a project and what is left she gives away or takes to Goodwill.She doesn`t have a stash.

M.I.Late 12-13-2011 06:51 PM

Thank goodness I only have two. One is a simple little wall hanging that just needs to finish quilting then bind and hang. The other is a quilt I cut out for a baby, but it wasn't wowing me so I stopped on it. It needs to be laid out again, sewn (as right now it's just pieces) quilted and bound. I guess that's not too bad. I do have ones that I have sitting fabric and patterns to that I haven't touched yet - perhaps those will be next years. If I did finish them before the year was out, I would feel like my sewing year was a complete success.

And btw I think you have started the 2012 UFO Challenge right here!

Treasureit 12-13-2011 07:04 PM

I think I will jump on board this year and try to get all my UFOs done....except maybe not the hand applique I work on at my leisure. It will be with me for a long I time I think. I can't wait to start a couple new ones though...hmmm...how do you do it all???

sharon b 12-13-2011 07:15 PM

Yep- Polly you started it :) And I need to join the group- I have I think ... 4 oh so close to finished I should be embarrassed that they are not done :( LOL