Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   UFO Quilting Projects Let's give ourselves Deadlines to get them finished (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ufo-quilting-projects-lets-give-ourselves-deadlines-get-them-finished-t49431.html)

tmg 06-13-2010 05:04 PM

I am waiting to get a new sewing machine before I finish 3 quilts all they need is to be quilted and binding. The machine I have now just doesn't do well at quilting

Pamela Artman 06-13-2010 05:11 PM

I'm in.... well, kinda sorta. My current project is a commissioned quilt, a double wedding ring. That should take me a few more weeks to finish. When that's done, I'm back to working on UFOs. I made two resolutions in January. One was to NOT buy any fabric unless I needed it to finish a project I had already started and two was to work only on UFOs. Both of these resolutions are to last until October when I go on my quilting vacation with my 2 quilting friends. I finished 4 tops, have another finished except for the border, and am working on an appliqued border for the 6th one. I have about 100 more UFOs, so as soon as this double wedding ring quilt is sent to the quilter, I'm back into my UFOs. My deadline is October 17th when I leave on my vacation. Then the UFOs get put away because I'm sure I'll be buying some new fabric and starting some new quilts!

tortoisethreads 06-13-2010 05:21 PM

Oh, I am so sick of my UFO. The funny part is that is such a simple small quilt! I decided to hand quilt circles all over it! UUUHHGG! One circle then another. I should finish it though! I'm giving myself a month!

mary quite contrary 06-13-2010 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts

Originally Posted by trupeach1
before I die!!!!!!!!!!!! that is my deadline. lol

HAHAHAHAHA that is waaaaaaaaaay too funny!! I dread the poor person who has to go through all my stuff someday. They will curse me big time! I also have ADD when it comes to quilting. I think a lot of us do :mrgreen:

We recently discussed that my oldest DD has the privelege of dealing with my sewing room when I leave this world. Hopefully it will be a lot of years from now and a lot of UFOs from now.

sueisallaboutquilts 06-13-2010 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts

Originally Posted by trupeach1
before I die!!!!!!!!!!!! that is my deadline. lol

HAHAHAHAHA that is waaaaaaaaaay too funny!! I dread the poor person who has to go through all my stuff someday. They will curse me big time! I also have ADD when it comes to quilting. I think a lot of us do :mrgreen:

We recently discussed that my oldest DD has the privelege of dealing with my sewing room when I leave this world. Hopefully it will be a lot of years from now and a lot of UFOs from now.

My problem is that all my children are MALE !!! Won't my future DIL's just love me even more??? lol :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

mbunny 06-13-2010 09:22 PM

Um, so, does the one I started in oh, 2002 count as a ufo? Or my daughter's unfinished baby quilt (she's three now)? Yeesh. I'll promise to finish one by the end of 2010, ha ha.

Pineapple Princess 06-13-2010 10:08 PM

I have a project that should be done at the end of the month and then a queen size quilt that I'm hand-quilting (bad idea) that I'll should finish by September.

reginalovesfabric 06-14-2010 05:14 AM

count me in...I've been organizing my fabric room and finding things not complete that I have forgotten about. I sewed all day yesterday and finished two tops, got dozens left....HA, (it's not funny)

Connie Merritt 06-14-2010 06:16 AM

I am presently hand quilting a redwork quilt, machine quilting another one, making yoyo's (never ending), finishing the names of my g-grandsons on a quilted angel (only 10 years late for one and happily not yet a year for another) and I never do the evening dishes. Everyone these unfinished projects are what keep us waking up each morning so we can do start another project. Love to each of you, what a great place. Good thoughts

Ilovemydogs 06-14-2010 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i have a very firm, non-negotiable deadline for all my UFOs.

"someday"

:lol:

hee hee. Me too! I have a couple projects that have to get done by Christmas since they are presents. I have a list that is supposed to help me get stuff done.