Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ugly, but it works! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ugly-but-works-t253336.html)

Tiggersmom 09-09-2014 05:11 PM

Ugly, but it works!

:thumbup:

For those of you who have the Baby Lock machines and they gave you that 'screw driver thing' [its a circle with an almost screw driver head that extends off it]......like many of you in another thread, I hate it too! until a light bulb came on.

That rubberized shelf liner that I have everywhere it seems, came in super handy. I cut a small rectangle and looped it evenly over the part you turn, lashed it down [both sides and the top going around the whole metal piece so it won't slip off] in 3 places with what I had handy. . . perle cotton...red thread and dark green shelf liner, ugly but it makes it so easy to turn and loosen those screws. Plus it fits inside the storage area where it suppose to.

My camera batteries are charging right now, but If I can I will take a pic later and post it.

Love inexpensive fixes!

GrannieAnnie 09-09-2014 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tiggersmom (Post 6881717)
:thumbup:

For those of you who have the Baby Lock machines and they gave you that 'screw driver thing' [its a circle with an almost screw driver head that extends off it]......like many of you in another thread, I hate it too! until a light bulb came on.

That rubberized shelf liner that I have everywhere it seems, came in super handy. I cut a small rectangle and looped it evenly over the part you turn, lashed it down [both sides and the top going around the whole metal piece so it won't slip off] in 3 places with what I had handy. . . perle cotton...red thread and dark green shelf liner, ugly but it makes it so easy to turn and loosen those screws. Plus it fits inside the storage area where it suppose to.

My camera batteries are charging right now, but If I can I will take a pic later and post it.

Love inexpensive fixes!

You are my hero!

SweatyPie 09-09-2014 05:37 PM

Beauty is as beauty does, I always heard and said.

SusanSusan33 09-10-2014 04:34 AM

Great idea! Though a picture would help to visualize it!

ManiacQuilter2 09-10-2014 04:45 AM

As long as it works, go for it !!

Onebyone 09-10-2014 08:12 AM

I found an offset screwdriver in DH's shop and it works great. It's small and dainty looking for a tool. I have no idea where my useless circle one is now.

tessagin 09-10-2014 08:40 AM

I use the non-skid shelving and the self-adhesive sport bandage for other uses. I like to use the sport bandage to wrap slick screwdriver handles. Also helps to hold items together.

Lafpeaches 09-10-2014 08:46 AM

I got quick replies from BL to 2 emails. After the 3rd one, I got a phone call. She asked me what specifically I didn't like and said she was writing them down and would send them to the quality assurance guy, Charlie. She was very nice. I am going try the shelf liner as I also want to try it to keep my foot pedal from moving.

Cari-in-Oly 09-10-2014 09:07 AM

If they would just put a little rubber grip in the center it would help.

Cari

Onebyone 09-10-2014 03:11 PM

The QA Charlie probably never used one, just check to see if all are made the same.