Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ugly Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ugly-quilt-t11639.html)

Barbm 09-27-2008 10:18 AM

I've got one underway- I call it the "butt ugly" quilt. I'm MAKING myself finish it. But, I tried to make it better and I think I may have accomplished that. But, because I hate it, the sashings are off on the rows and I don't care! I just want to finish it and make it go away!

Oh well, maybe it will go to sleep one night and wake up beautiful. (In my dreams!)

Barb

Rose Marie 09-27-2008 01:47 PM

Ive made ugly quilts but I learned alot with each one. So I write it off as a learning experience.
Just finished a top that is horrible, with extreme bright colors and the wrong pattern to use for the colors used. Another learning experience.

bearisgray 09-27-2008 03:45 PM

It looks like it's finished and that it's being used.

That counts as "successful" to me.

sondray 09-27-2008 06:30 PM

It's not that bad. I have yet to make a quilt other than rag quilts. They are sew easy, I can't help myself. I think I'm addicted to rag quilts. :lol:

littlehud 09-27-2008 07:24 PM

The first quilt I made my oldest daughter turned out really ugly. I didn't like the colors or the pattern after I was done. Told her I would make another one that was nicer. She told me its warm and every night she covers up with it she can feel the love I put in it and she knows she is loved. What a great kid. But it still is ugly.

sewnsewer2 09-28-2008 12:29 AM

Yep, I made an ugly dresden and never finished it. Won't either!

Yours doesn't look bad.

johnette 09-28-2008 04:10 AM

I really like the pattern and it looks like it was very time consuming. Maybe the colors could have cooperated a little better but all in all I think it is a nice quilt. If I were cold and you offered me that quilt to snuggle up in, I would think it the most beautiful quilt on earth!

Bevanger 09-28-2008 06:17 AM

hey i like it....... :D

mamatobugboo 09-28-2008 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by sewsewquilter

Originally Posted by sandpat
OK quilt4u...I'm stepping out here and agreeing with you...LOL, LOL...that is 1 ugly quilt :wink: That being said...I have 1 that is uglier! I won't even uncover it to let anyone seee it! So, you may be the proud owner of an ugly quilt, but at least you are brave enough to show it :lol: :lol:

I'm with Sandpat. :lol: :lol: :lol: I like your style quilt4u. You are one brave lady.

But remember what is ugly to one is pretty to another. :D

Nice pattern. What is it?

:D :D :D :D I so love to hear the responses from everyone! It is prove positive that everyone's opinion is perfectly wonderfully theirs! I agree with sandpat and sewsewquilter! Not the prettiest one I've ever seen, but I have seen worse. Here's an idea, try it again with different colors and placement and see how it turns out! :D

mamatobugboo 09-28-2008 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
The first quilt I made my oldest daughter turned out really ugly. I didn't like the colors or the pattern after I was done. Told her I would make another one that was nicer. She told me its warm and every night she covers up with it she can feel the love I put in it and she knows she is loved. What a great kid. But it still is ugly.

:lol: :lol: :lol: What a sweet child!! She's a keeper!