Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   ummm,... this is a little worry some (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ummm-little-worry-some-t60813.html)

HoneysMom 08-22-2010 02:52 PM

OK, I went on the website and couldn't believe my eyes. The price is awesome. I am heading to my local HF tomorrow. Thank you. This board is wonderful. My hubby has been out of work for 23 weeks due to surgeries, so I have been bargain shopping when it comes to this great hobby of ours.

Joeysnana 08-22-2010 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
to all those who have ordered from online and waited on back order, have you received yours yet? or gotten an idea of how long you were going to have to wait?

I just keep waiting. Trying to be patient :lol:

Colbaltjars62 08-22-2010 04:27 PM

There are a couple of other threads that are on the same tangent. LOL I had a Raincheck for 10 pkgs. and Friday I went to HFT to redeem it. They were still out and NO it is NOT being discontinued. It seems that the United States quilting community bought them all up. LOL!! The warehouse will be out for at least the next 3 weeks as they need to be shipped from China, and rainchecks will not be redeemable at the stores for about 6 weeks. So you are looking at about October before they will be availiable again. I also asked about buying in bulk and that can only be done from the website if at all. Oh lastly they will NOT ship your online order to your local HFT to save on shipping. They only ship to your address.
Well I think that about covers it. I hope this info was helpful.
Faith

:-D

HoneysMom 08-22-2010 06:17 PM

Thanks Cobaltjars62. Great info.

tooMuchFabric 08-22-2010 08:55 PM

I went to the Harbor Freight site, and also to the Harbor Freight Tools site, and I can't find any sign of a rotary blade nor cutter.
Anyone got a link?
Thanks so much.

Colbaltjars62 08-22-2010 09:02 PM

They are listed as carpet cutting blade replacements for the carpet cutter. If you find the cutter it does have 3 blades in it for $3.99 which is still a good deal. Just throw the cutter itself away. That may be why you can't find it at HFT. Ask for the Carpet cutter, they have no idea what a rotory cutter is. LOL
:-D

tooMuchFabric 08-22-2010 09:40 PM

Haha! Ok, got it. Now to find a Harbor Freight's...

Wow. There's one in our next larger town on the way to Joann's.
Guess where I'll be stopping off next trip, eh???

Ok, so what else they got we'all's can use there, hmmmmm?

tooMuchFabric 08-22-2010 09:43 PM

[quote=Colbaltjars62]

Ok, so what's the story with the cobalt jars? I know it's a tale of some kind!
Do you collect them? Or something?

Queen 08-23-2010 01:58 AM

I went Saturday and bought 3 pkgs and there were still some on the shelf. I made my husband very happy saying I wanted to go to HF. He said one of his favorite fantasys was having his wife saying she wanted to go to Harbor Frieght.

Mary

sahm4605 08-23-2010 04:38 AM

he just got his fantasy. now if he only knew the reason why you wanted to go hehehe.