Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Unable to search...cutting mat? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/unable-search-cutting-mat-t179913.html)

gingerd 02-19-2012 06:28 AM

Unable to search...cutting mat?

I've tried to search and I continue to get blank pages or a message that says "oops........"

I'm wondering about JoAnn's white cutting mat. Does it hold up? I need something for a larger table and saw that and have wondered.

Thanks-

pinkberrykay 02-19-2012 06:31 AM

I am having the same technical difficulties.

I personally do not have the white cutting mats. My LQS uses them to cover the tables we use to places our sewing machines on. I want to say I read awhile back that these weren't the best cutting mats but I could be wrong.

Crqltr 02-19-2012 06:33 AM

I do not have one but if I remember correctly the one I had a long time ago was not self healing and did not last long.

gramarraine 02-19-2012 06:38 AM

Our LQS had one when they first opened their store. It was not self healing and only lasted about a year. I wouldn't buy one. If I had a choice between white and green it definately would be the green one that is self healing.

gingerd 02-19-2012 06:41 AM

Thanks ladies......I guess what I'll do is get a couple of larger green mats. I have 1 coupon for this week so I'll use that one and purchase another one at a later time.

Lori S 02-19-2012 06:44 AM

I purchased one.. didn't last 6 months. I like the Olfa ( green) I also have a grey mat.. not sure who makes it( purchased many many years ago) .. but it has lasted .

davis2se 02-19-2012 07:14 AM

I boughtfive one 5 years ago when I first started quilting. I used a 50% off coupon, and have used only that mat ever since. I love it. It has held up so well that I recently bought one for a friend as a gift, and then another to leave in my craft room at our cabin in Michigan. I've had no problems what so ever with them, and would and will recommend them.

gingerd 02-19-2012 07:33 AM

Hmmm.......what's a gal to do! It wouldn't be a mat I use all of the time. I'd use it to cut large fabric pieces. The area that I work in most of the time is fine for 3/4 yd of fabric. I have found though there are times when I need a bigger area. Currently I take my green mat to use it on a larger table. I really want to get one to just leave there.

Thanks ladies!

ArtsyOne 02-19-2012 07:42 AM

Is it the thick white one made by Dritz? I've had two of those for over 30 years and use them for all of my cutting. The reason I have two is so that my dining room table is entirely covered. When they're not on my table I slip them against the wall of my closet, but don't roll them. I've found them to be terrific for cutting strips (I cut a lot of strips) and I definitely use them for measuring.

QuiltnNan 02-19-2012 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Crqltr (Post 4988298)
I do not have one but if I remember correctly the one I had a long time ago was not self healing and did not last long.

that's what i've heard, as well