Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Use that Stash! Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/use-stash-fabric-moratorium-t206795.html)

grammysharon 11-24-2012 10:40 AM

I just can't do it, sorry!!!

QuiltnLady1 11-24-2012 10:47 AM

I will give it a try -- I need to dig out my sewing room again and I realize (again) I have way too much fabric.

bearisgray 11-24-2012 10:53 AM

Good luck, everyone!

auntpiggylpn 11-24-2012 11:00 AM

I put myself on a fabric diet in July of this year after cleaning and reorganizing my sewing room. I have been able to use lots from my stash and have only purchased a FQ bundle at the APQS quilt show in Grand Rapids MI. I did have a jelly roll gifted to me by a friend and 4 queen size W & N battings by another friend. I just purchased fabric for some Christmas presents as they were theme related. I have made 2 quilts just from my stash but did have to purchase flannel for the backing of one baby quilt. I plan on continuing this throughout the coming year. I have decided that no fabric is too pretty to cut and that I bought it to use it! I will play along with you all too!

lynnie 11-24-2012 11:04 AM

Ill try, cant gaurantee anything...i am a fabricholic. Was not able to drive for a few weeks, all i wantedto do was go touch new fabric.
and......if i do do this, i wont get coupons anymore, then what do i do when i need one!!!!!

alikat110 11-24-2012 12:04 PM

Mulling this one over...it's so much more to me. I have tons of patterns I have not tried...tons of fabric I have stashed.....tons of ideas.....need to put this into more than just a fabric diet!!!!

sandy l 11-24-2012 12:08 PM

But my LQS depends on me:D

SouthPStitches 11-24-2012 12:31 PM

There's a pattern to my so-called destruction. I have more fabric than I will ever use in my lifetime. I haven't bought any since September, as I put myself on a moratorium after cleaning out my sewing room and inventorying my stash the middle of that month. I was flabbergasted by my accumulation. All was well until yesterday. I clicked on to the Connecting Threads Sale. Needed nothing but the prices of their fat quarters was fantastic as was the kits. So I bought what I wanted and hubby and give it to me for Christmas. Then, it had been almost a year since I ordered from Thousand Bolts. They had me at t he $3.85 flat rate shipping no matter how large the order and all that gorgeous fabric for under $5.00. I think I'd be better off buying a yard or two every now and then rather than denying myself completely for several months because when I do fall off the wagon, it's in a big way.

Scissor Queen 11-24-2012 12:44 PM

I did this for about two years and because of it I became a lot more disciplined about using my stash and not buying tons and tons of fabric just to be buying fabric. In October I pulled fabric from my stash and made three nice size lap throws. The only thing I bought was batting.

ShabbyTabby 11-24-2012 12:48 PM

Count me in too. I have such a stash that I probably won't live long enough to use it up!!!! I'll only buy batting or a special fabric to finish a project. Cross my heart.....