Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Using the "bisé-tongue" when binding (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/using-bis%E9-tongue-when-binding-t234422.html)

Weezy Rider 11-10-2013 03:55 PM

Pintuck guide. Pfaff also uses them.

jitkaau 11-11-2013 04:28 AM

It comes with the twin needle attachment to make pin tucks.

MarleneC 11-11-2013 11:52 AM

I think I have one with my Viking machines also.

judykay 11-12-2013 06:56 AM

Would love to see how this is done. I googled pin tucking and there were tutorials but not for using it in binding. Binding is my least favorite part of quilting, I guess because by this time I am anxious for it to be done.

Pam S 11-12-2013 08:03 AM

I've never seen this gadget but I think you're pretty clever to figure out how to use it on your binding. I say, whatever works for you is the "right way". You will probably have a lot of quilters using your method now.

leighway 11-12-2013 10:04 AM

OK...we now know it's a pintuck guide. I'd love to see how this works as I can't quite picture it from the description. I do know that the backside of the binding always looks yuk after I sew the final bind on the front. I'd LOVE to know how to do this!! Hurry back from your trip and help us all out...please and thank you!!!

RugosaB 11-12-2013 11:59 AM

That's it!
In the late 80's I bought a Viking 630, and a metal thing that looked like that was included with the feet. I've been sewing since I was 10, I'm 55 now, and I never knew what it was for.
Unfortunately, about 15 years after getting it, I think I threw it away, thinking if I hadn't used it by then, it must have been included by mistake
I just went through my stuff, and I no longer have it. Anywhere

mariatherese 11-13-2013 10:54 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I'm back. Let's see if I can make better sense with pictures to match.

First I attach the binding from the back (I use 2"1/4 strips folded. I'm going for 2" when I do this next time I think) using the 1/4-inch foot.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]446742[/ATTACH]
Then I switch to my regular foot and attach the pintuck guide. I use the biggest pintuck guide (I have two sizes).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]446743[/ATTACH]
When I now finish the binding the pintuck guide keeps me at a consistent margin from the backside binding edge.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]446744[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]446745[/ATTACH]

I feel that it made the backside of my quilt looking a loot neater.

If you have one with your machine, do try it! Would I recommend that you buy one just for this purpose, no probably not worth it. For all I know, all of you probably make beautiful binding backsides. It could just be me. :o

Weezy Rider 11-14-2013 05:11 AM

Are you a Pfaffie? I also have 2 sizes of those guides and both pintuck feet. I've done a bit of pintucking, and never really felt the guides while doing it. You can really feel that guide from under a quilt?

alisonquilts 11-14-2013 05:20 AM

I don't have a pintuck guide, and I don't machine sew the second side of the binding, but I still have to chime in to say congratulations on finding an innovative use for an attachment, and for thinking so creatively! It makes me happy that people are still finding new ways to do things!

Alison