Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Using embroidery designs as quilting designs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/using-embroidery-designs-quilting-designs-t227125.html)

quiltin-nannie 08-02-2013 12:58 PM

Using embroidery designs as quilting designs

I decided I wanted to try a quilt as you go project, and quilt each block with my embroidery machine. I have some great quilt designs I purchased several years ago and have not used them. My problem is, I have the Husqvarna Viking designer software, and it won't work on my relatively new computer. It's version 3 and they are out with V5. I don't embroider enough to justify the cost of upgrading to 5D ($2300). Does anyone know of a program that is less expensive but will let me manipulate my designs (change size, combine designs, take stuff out of designs, etc.)? Otherwise, you'll probably be seeing all my software for sale! Thanks for any help!;)

Misty's Mom 08-02-2013 01:09 PM

I have 4D and I use with my janome.

Misty's Mom 08-02-2013 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom (Post 6211199)
I have 4D and I use with my janome.

I forgot to add this was left over after I traded my Viking in on my janome. Best trade I've made in a long time.

cannyquilter 08-02-2013 01:33 PM

Not sure if this is the type of thing you are looking for but I use Wilcom which I downloaded for free. I save designs to my computer and then alter and then transfer them back to my machine.

Dolphyngyrl 08-02-2013 01:43 PM

Embroidery works runs about 500 you can do alot of editing, no digitizing but can remove stitches combine, etc.

quiltin-nannie 08-02-2013 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl (Post 6211240)
Embroidery works runs about 500 you can do alot of editing, no digitizing but can remove stitches combine, etc.

I googled embroidery works and all I got was for a company that does the embroidery for you. Would you happen to have a web address for them? Thanks!

newbee3 08-02-2013 04:20 PM

I use explorations embroidery software and I use that with my designer topaz I did some of this software on ebay and it is a lot cheater than $2300

Lucky Lady 08-02-2013 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by quiltin-nannie (Post 6211174)
I decided I wanted to try a quilt as you go project, and quilt each block with my embroidery machine. I have some great quilt designs I purchased several years ago and have not used them. My problem is, I have the Husqvarna Viking designer software, and it won't work on my relatively new computer. It's version 3 and they are out with V5. I don't embroider enough to justify the cost of upgrading to 5D ($2300). Does anyone know of a program that is less expensive but will let me manipulate my designs (change size, combine designs, take stuff out of designs, etc.)? Otherwise, you'll probably be seeing all my software for sale! Thanks for any help!;)

I have the Viking Topaz 30 and couldn't afford 5D. I use Embrilliance. It allows you to manipulate your design plus it will convert most any design to the viking format. I only paid $139.99 for it. Bought it online.

jojo4 08-07-2013 11:53 AM

Embird. www.embird.net You can download and try for free. I've had the software for 10 years, and it is great.

Use of Embird demo version is limited to 30 days or 100 runs, whatever comes sooner. After this period, you must register your copy if you want to use it further.

[h=2]New Embird License (Basic Program)[/h] The fee for a new registration is US $164.